Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

Weird, Maddening Problem with the TCA Airbus Quadrant

Cross-post from the MSFS forum in case anyone here has any ideas.

I am having a frustrating, somewhat maddening problem with my Thrustmaster TCA Airbus quadrant, with the two addons. This seems different from the usual “loses connection” issues I’ve seen.

I bought the pack around Christmas, and shortly after that also bought the PMDG 737. In order to get the flaps etc to work with the 737, I also got Spad.net and Lorby’s A&O. Neither of these I think are relevant, but hey, more data points. I fly mainly with the FBW A320 and the 737. I have run the calibration within FBW, as well as the hardware calibration on the actual unit. It happens with GA, not just the two. Really, any plane.

The problem I have is around 30-40 min into the flight, most of the quadrant stops working. The usual result is the flaps and spoilers don’t work, and only the engine 2 throttle working. Sometimes, unplugging and repluging the unit in works, but the FBW REALLY hates it when that happens.

Another frequent issue is the planes will take off and land without issue, but when I take another flight (it doesn’t really seem to matter if it’s the same craft or a different), the issue I noted above is in effect.

When this happens, Windows still sees the device in device manager, and the Thrustmaster Control Panel see the unit. When it happens, however, the same thing happens in the control panel: Engine 2 is usually the axis that works.

My general workaround was to reconnect the unit when I start a flight and that often lasts through the flight.

So, here is what I have done to try and fix it:

Different cables (both different USB-A to USB-C cables, and a straight USB-C cable).
Different ports, hubs, etc.
Setting the device and all the hubs to “do not shut power off” in Device Manager
Completely removed all the bits of Spad and A&O just in case.
Reinstalled the drivers, etc.
Removed the drivers completely (this is where I am now)
Reseated the SATA cables a lot.
Completely emptied the community folder
Today was probably the weirdest one. When I woke up, I launched the control panel, fidgeted with the quadrant it all worked fine. Opened the sim, and yep. Everything was working fine. It was hit or miss if even first in the morning the control panel would work. A few hours later, I opened the sim and the problem was there. I’d been using the computer all day for work.

After uninstalling the drivers, I opened the Sim, and it worked fine. I quit the sim, relaunched it a little while later, and this time none of the addons worked, but both throttles worked. Rebooting fixed it.

The only thing I haven’t tried is just disconnecting the addons for a few days to see if there is something wonky with those.

Any luck with your issue? i have similar issue, this is the second time i have had the same issue 6 to 8 months ago exact same happened to me after days of trying different cables i contacted TM, after allot of emails, they sent me a UPS Sicker to post it to them in France and strict instructions on how to package it.

I gave it one more go before i boxed it up and everything worked perfect, so i didn't send it back for repair.

Now same issue again, i have noticed a very odd quirk maybe you can replicate it if you still have the issue.unplug the SATAs and just plug in the left side ( spoilers side ) that side works fine. if you then attach right side (flaps and break side) neither side works its like there is a short when right hand side is attached or not enough power to operate both sides.

I just finished a flight with no hardware flaps rudder trim or Parking break had to do that from the VC, but after the flight i reconnected the SATA and it all works again but i know if i fly again tomorrow it will be broke again.

Its a very odd problem and i see I'm not the only one with the issue    

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10