Sign in to follow this  
gianluk81

MSFS, PSXT...and VPN, don't work, why?

Hi all, in the last few days there are big problems with msfs weather servers and, at least in my case, the only way to get the weather working is to use protonVPN connected to a Japanese server. Now, everything would be ok, but the problem is realtraffic+psxt (both updated and regularly configured), practically, using the vpn, because everything goes smoothly without it, I launch rt, I launch psxt and the latter stays with the RT in yellow, so I can't see live trades. I also tried to change the simulator mode in use to rt, put ip in the host ip box, but nothing. Is it possible that I can't use a vpn with rt+psxt? Can you help me find a solution? Thank you.

PS: This is the last part of log.txt

00:46:41 It is day 5, Friday, hour 1 (utc)
0 positions with day & actual_hour & real=true
0 parking positions to be filled (0% vs wanted 30%), 0 reserve positions

No static aircraft to be parked, there are no parking options, let it learn the airport first
sendDataPacket to RealTraffic failed: 10053 
RealTraffic client socket closed
00:47:57 RealTraffic gone? Wait for RealTraffic to re-connect ...
00:47:58 RealTraffic re-connected
sendDataPacket to RealTraffic failed: 10054 
RealTraffic client socket closed
00:47:59 RealTraffic gone? Wait for RealTraffic to re-connect ...
00:48:12 RealTraffic re-connected

Gianluca Balloni

I have mixed results using RT with VPN. Most of the time it works fine but there are instances where it just doesn't function. I have resolved this by stopping VPN, restarting RT and once it's connected start VPN again.

Athena