Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Cannot load flight plan into FMS of JF BAE146

I am having a lot of difficulty achieving success with importing a flyable flight plan for CYOW_CYUL into the FMS of the JF BAE 146.

Initially I tried using SimBrief but found it confusing.

I tried an MSFS flight plan created with LittleNavMap (I find that a lot more intuitive and illustrative of what I am trying to create than SimBrief) from CYOW25gate28 to CYUL24R. I loaded this into the FMS and succeeded in deleting the discontinuities and the flight plan looked okay to CYUL. I managed to get airborne and connected to the flight plan through LNAV but before I reached Montreal there was a disconnect by the aircraft (at a “manual” waypoint, which had been apparent in the LNV plan, but did not show up in the FMS legs.

So, I deleted that flight plan and created a new one CYOW32gate 28 to CYUL6L. But when I loaded it into the FMS it loaded the original CYOW25R plan, not withstanding I had deleted this original plan from both the LNM directory and from the LocalState folder in MSFS 2020. I cannot load the new flight plan into the FMS

I am posting this both at Just Flight and LittleNavMap and would appreciate some assistance to resolve this issue - please.

Regards

Nigel

Vancouver

Hi Nigel,

manual or vector legs appear in some procedures. The autopilot normally switches to HDG mode, FMS stops waypoint sequencing and waits for the pilot to enter a direct to one of the next waypoints. You completely rely on ATC vectoring during these legs.

Do you have an example for such a plan? LNMPLN or PLN file would be fine (see here about files: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/605519-how-to-post-a-screenshot-or-files/)

Alex

Hi Alex

Thx for your reply but sorry for the delay in acknowledging, but I have been away from the simulator and will be for the next few days.

I presume you are referring to the disconnect I experienced, I will have to re-create the flight plan and try again and will report back. 

However I would like to determine why I have so much trouble trying to load a new CYOW flight plan into the FMS of the 146 but have yet to hear from anyone at Just Flight.

regards

Nigel