Sign in to follow this  
eddl

No full static allocation when models not found

Hi,

currently going through many airports for fine-tuning learned files and I noticed some airports do not get a full parking allocation, like only 11 of 14 aircraft. I checked the log, and the missing allocations are caused by missing model variants (where not even a generic white one is available). I have my model matching parameters set to '5' to avoid getting aircraft which are not common at the airport. Normally this works very well with FSLTL, AIG and FS Traffic together.

It is even more noticeable on smaller airports where I set 4 static aircraft and get just 1 of 4 aircraft. 

Any chance the algorithm can fill the allocations with other aircraft from the airport file and just skip the ones where no matching is possible? In all files I checked there would be more options to complete the full allocation.

Many many thanks for your help. 🙂

25 minutes ago, eddl said:

currently going through many airports for fine-tuning learned files and I noticed some airports do not get a full parking allocation, like only 11 of 14 aircraft. I checked the log, and the missing allocations are caused by missing model variants (where not even a generic white one is available). I have my model matching parameters set to '5' to avoid getting aircraft which are not common at the airport. Normally this works very well with FSLTL, AIG and FS Traffic together.

It is even more noticeable on smaller airports where I set 4 static aircraft and get just 1 of 4 aircraft. 

No, no, no. That's not the way it works. Model matching has nothing to do with data that goes into the airport file. The data stored is always the real live airline and real live type. Whether you match a DHL A320 with a DHL321, or am AFR 320, does not matter. So for Learning you better set live matching depth at 8, then you will see as many aircraft at your airport.

Edited by kiek

No, I did not mean it like that. 🙂

I am not talking about the Learner and creating the airport files. I am talking about loading up PSXT at an airport and just getting 1 of 4 static aircraft only due to model matching. But the airport file has more flights where models would match.

If model does not match, do not skip - but show another flight.

Does it make sense to you know? Sorry for the confusion.

2 minutes ago, eddl said:

I am not talking about the Learner and creating the airport files. I am talking about loading up PSXT at an airport and just getting 1 of 4 static aircraft only due to model matching. But the airport file has more flights where models would match.

If model does not match, do not skip - but show another flight

Aha, it's late already you know. 😉

That's not so easy, it already has reserved gates. If it does not match it may switch to another gate, not to an alternative at the same gate. That info is no more available when it r=tries the match. But will add this to my to-do list of near perfection wishes.

1 minute ago, kiek said:

Aha, it's late already you know. 😉

Haha. I get the most programming progress at night. 😉

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's not so easy, it already has reserved gates. If it does not match it may switch to another gate, not to an alternative at the same gate. That info is no more available when it r=tries the match. But will add this to my to-do list of near perfection wishes.

Maybe it is easier to fix without touching everything if you wait until static allocation algorithm is complete and then check if there are still open allocations, like only 11 of 14. Then just fill the open ones with 'something'. But it depends how you implemented the allocation, you know that better.

Thank you for putting it onto the list. For sure not the highest priority and most relevant to smaller airports being served by smaller airlines.