Sign in to follow this  
GoogleTrEx

PMDG CDU and Stream Deck not working together

I have been using the Stream Deck plugin for the PMDG 737-800 for a bit now and it works great. I have wanted to put the FMC on a tablet to make it easer to use in flight without going for my mouse and changing views, etc. So I got the addon from pilznille (https://flightsim.to/file/37664/axis-and-ohs-aao-fmc-addon-for-pmdg-737-for-msfs) and set it up, making the change to the .ini file for the aircraft and all that. Set the aircraft automated 737 CDU scrip on with the suggested 200ms delay and it all shows up on the tablet. Problem is, I can no longer use the stream deck. Once I disable to webAPI broadcast and restart the sim and AAO, the stream deck work, but the FMC broadcast does not. I cannot seem to get them to work in conjunction with one another. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Did you ask the author of that FMC addon about cross compatibility issues? If anyone knows what this is about, it should be him.

In general, the AAO WebAPI doesn't care how many clients there are. I am using the (=my own) web FMCs and the StreamDeck in conjunction all the time, I've never noticed any trouble.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I have now posted a question to them about their addon, but if there is one that you know works, is that something that I could get a link to? I'm not set on using one addon over another, I would just like my FMC and StreamDeck to work at the same time.

You will find several Web FMCs on the official AxisAndOhs Weebly website. They are probably not as sophisticated as the third party ones, but they work just the same.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, GoogleTrEx said:

Problem is, I can no longer use the stream deck.

What does that mean exactly? Can you explain the problem in more detail?

LORBY-SI

When I load into the aircraft, the StreamDeck profile shows up, but none of the buttons are interactable, they ones that show in-game info on the buttons (wind direction, light toggle states, starter switch positions, etc.) don't show any info on them. It's like AAO isn't sending any sim info to the StreamDeck profile. (https://imgur.com/a/8IdRKuf) There's an image of what it looks like when the FMC is working and StreamDeck isn't.

Weird. Maybe that FMC addon is overloading the WebAPI (= updating way too often so nothing else can access it).

Did you try a different port for the WebAPI (must be changed in AAO, in the StreamDeck plugin and the URL for the FMC is then different too)? Maybe something else is interfering.

LORBY-SI

I am playing with the port setting now. I had set the webAPI port to 9780 and the FMC worked, but I can't seem to change the port for stream deck plugin via the "Tools>Set Web API Port for AAO Addons" menu. They are both grey'd out and I can't check the box on the left to update the port for them. Can I assign different addons different ports or does AAO just use one common port for all addons/plugins that are relying on AAO?

Here is where I am stuck. I have the port set to 9780, but the StreamDeck Plugin is set to 9080. I cannot edit those two lines (StreamDeck of FIPs) to change them to 9780 or anything. And when I change the API port back to 9080, the StreamDeck starts working fine, and the FMC isn't working. (https://imgur.com/a/FaofVQJ) Image of AAO's port settings.

The addon in question cannot be running when you change the port. That is why the entries are disabled. 

The Elgato software must be shut down first, then restarted. Right click on the StreamDeck symbol in the system tray, the option to shut it down is at the end of the list.

Same for the sim, that cannot be running at this point either. Make the change before connecting AAO to the sim.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

That did it. Shut everything down and changed the port for all the things to 9780 (the FMC addon didn't like 9080 for some reason) and now both the FMC and the StreamDeck work at the same time. Thank you! That was haunting me. Hope this helps someone else later who might have the same issue. Cheers!