Sign in to follow this  
Guest dansymons

Saving Flight Plan files (.pln) in Vista

Guest dansymons

Hi guysI am running FSX on Vista and have noticed that i am unable to save the Flight Planner files, i create my flight plan and press OK and then am prompted for a save name and location. It appears to have saved but when going to load shows it does not exist. If for any reason my flight is reset i get an error saying that the associated flight plan does not exist and the flight will be loaded without it!I used to run FSX on XP and i have previous fight plan files which work without a problem but am unable to create new ones.Any ideas?CheersDan

Welcome to Avsim Dan,You'll find that with Vista's emphasis on security you'll have to provide special permissions to allow you to edit some files and folders. It's not that difficult. Just open the Properties dialogue for the file if it exists, or the folder where you want to save the file, and click on the Security tab. You'll find a button to Edit the permissions for the different users of the file or folder, and all you need to do is check the boxes for the level of access you need to save the file, say the Read and Write permission box, or Full Control. You might also consider unchecking these boxes when you've finished editing the file or folder.Another way around the security problem is to run the programme as Administrator.Good luck.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest dansymons

Hi MikeThanks for your reply, i have tried what you suggested but still no luck. I even tried saving over an existing flight plan with a new route and it appears to save but when i load the plan from that file it reverts to the original route!I have also tried creating a folder in the root of C giving myself and administrators full control but still cannot save. I am also running the program as Administrator.Any ideas?Dan