Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Taxi to parking instead of taxi to gate

After using FSX flight planner and landing at KDFW with a default 747-400 aircraft repaint (Northwest), why does ground control not give me the option of "taxi to gate" instead of "taxi to parking"? In my aircraft cfg file, I have for this aircraft "atc_parking_types=GATE" included. Are the airport parking codes the problem?Thanks,WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 644x1G Ballistix Tracer (PC2 8500)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controller

There are only 3 Gates available at KDFW that will accept a B747. If you are flying a default B747If you are using the default KDFW AirportIf other AI Planes exsited at KDFWIf those 3 Gates were ocupiedATC has no choice and can only offer a vacant parking spot (non Gate) large enough for the B747.

There are 12 Cargo spots at KDFW in the default FSX - so you were directed to one of those because they are all named "Parking"Had all three GATE_HEAVY and all 12 RAMP_CARGO spots been filled - you would have not been given any parking options.

Thanks guys for the response. That answers my question. I am using Ultimate Traffic and I imagine that all the "Parking" gates were occupied.Kind regards,Wilbert