Sign in to follow this  
bbking

Re-installing MSFS2020 store version on new computer.

Hi all,

I am planning to get a brand new high end computer. Do i need to un-install my msfs2020 store version, and using my microsoft account on my new computer, or can i just use my present account to install msfs2020 on my new setup. In other words: do i need to un-install first before installing again?

Kind regards,

Bouwe

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

Hey Bouwe,

No is the short answer, you can't use both at the same time, but you can have MSFS installed on any PC linked with your account. I'm not entirely sure that is true for some addons though, I am pretty sure Fenix and PMDG would need to be uninstalled off the old machine before you will be able to install them onto the new one (if you have them) not entirely sure how it works with scenery addons though.

I am guessing ORBX would be tied to your ORBX account if you have one. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Anthony Milner

Hoi Bouwe,

I have had MSFS installed on three machines for a short time without issues but I did not ran MSFS simultaneously. I doubt very much if that is possible without using different Xbox accounts. For migrating to a new PC it would be no issue since you won't be using the other one any more.
Your controller settings will be copied automatically from the cloud. You can copy the contents of your Official and Community folder which will save lots of time downloading them again.

As @antic81 says, some of the addons must be properly uninstalled on the old PC before installing them on a new one in order to free up your license. If you do not, a second installation might not work. Milviz/Blackbird and Flysimware aircraft require this for example.
I am not sure about PMDG but the developers I mentioned specifically state this during installation of their addons.

Succes met de nieuwe PC!

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, antic81 said:

Hey Bouwe,

No is the short answer, you can't use both at the same time, but you can have MSFS installed on any PC linked with your account. I'm not entirely sure that is true for some addons though, I am pretty sure Fenix and PMDG would need to be uninstalled off the old machine before you will be able to install them onto the new one (if you have them) not entirely sure how it works with scenery addons though.

I am guessing ORBX would be tied to your ORBX account if you have one. 

Hope that helps!

Thx for your reply. I do have Orbx central, Contrail and Aerosoft One installed. This should be no issues at all. PS: i am not using my old rig anymore. Not selling but as a backup pc. Also i have al lot of stuff from the marketplace, so again no issues here.

Only thing is time to get it all working again.

Regards Bouwe

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

45 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Hoi Bouwe,

I have had MSFS installed on three machines for a short time without issues but I did not ran MSFS simultaneously. I doubt very much if that is possible without using different Xbox accounts. For migrating to a new PC it would be no issue since you won't be using the other one any more.
Your controller settings will be copied automatically from the cloud. You can copy the contents of your Official and Community folder which will save lots of time downloading them again.

As @antic81 says, some of the addons must be properly uninstalled on the old PC before installing them on a new one in order to free up your license. If you do not, a second installation might not work. Milviz/Blackbird and Flysimware aircraft require this for example.
I am not sure about PMDG but the developers I mentioned specifically state this during installation of their addons.

Succes met de nieuwe PC!

Thx mate! I will try it without un-install! If i get errors i will un-install my msfs2020. As soon i have my new rig i will update my specs in the signature.

Regards, Bouwe