Sign in to follow this  
Ed1

Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel - poor response

When I use the Bravo trim wheel with some aircraft, like the C172, the plane responds almost immediately to a slight or moderate change in the wheel position.  But in other aircraft types, it takes many, many complete spins of the trim wheel to see even the slightest response in the plane or no response at all.  This is using the same Bravo profile for all types of planes.

Does this indicate that there is an issue with the Bravo or that some planes are either not designed to respond to the trim control (seems unlikely) or there is something wrong with those planes?

Edited by ed1

In the aircraft config file there is a section under

[FLIGHT_TUNING]
elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.33

if you adjust that number to a higher/lower value it will change the response on the trim wheel.
I hope that this is what you are looking for.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Thanks, @LRBS.  I will look into those files to see if that solves the problem.

I’m having similar problems. I even deleted the Alpha yoke’s elevator trim buttons in case there was a conflict. Apparently not as there has been no change in the Bravo’s trim response.

If the above solution worked for you could you tell me, please, what setting you used and I will try it as a starting point for my Bravo. Thanks.