Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Sim Soaring Club adds "Weather Wednesday's"

I'm pretty happy to announce that the Sim Soaring Club has decided to add a second weekly event to their rotation.    In addition to every Saturday,   they'll now have events every Wednesday!

The real world has forced me to miss several of the last flights,  so I'm looking forward to more opportunities to fly.

Saturday's events are held at 17:45 UTC,    and there is currently a poll to determine the Wednesday start time.   (the poll options are 5, 6, or 7pm UTC)

On Saturdays at 17:45 UTC, we meet in the voice chat and get ready to Launch.

At 18:00 UTC, an SSC officer will countdown and we all simultaneously click fly to sync our weather.   

At 18:30 UTC, we cross the Start Waypoint

Typical attendance is around 30-35 pilots.

If anyone has any questions about SSC,  or gliders in MSFS,  feel free.

LWW_key.jpg?width=2314&height=1302

• Like 2

Heya.  This looks cool.  Unfortunately, I am stumped with how to setup my control assignments in the sim so that I can raise/lower speedbrakes with Throttle axis, button presses for tow release, ballast dump etc.  None of the bindings in the sim seem to work for these (Saitek X52).

Discord server does have info on steps to be taken to 'setup for gliders', but this video only seems to talk about how to manage getting the mutual online activity to work, nothing there about basic control bindings.

I have not tried this since the fall, so maybe it was a bug that got squashed...or maybe you cant bind these in the sim.  Makes gliders unflyable for me as I am a VR only kinda guy.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish these essential tasks for glider flight would be most welcome!

ADVthanksANCE