Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Scenery Library under Settings Tab

Guest ronjcar

There are a bunch of "xxxx base" files in here. Is there a way to know what information is contained in each file in hopes I could uncheck a few to make FSX load faster. I only want to fly around my home airport with one plane right now. So I really don't need any graphics for outside say 50-100 miles. And I don't need FSX to load all the other airplanes either. Did not see an option when I installed the program for custom settings to not install these items.ThanksRon

The world is broken into grids.For FSX, Microsoft thinned out the number of files in the various folders which were region based, and placed them in folders by grid numbers.If you have FSX Deluxe there is a grid in the Terrain SDK showing you which grids cover which areas. The file is called BaseGrid.jpg. The world is 8 grids high and 12 grids wide.But I would recommend against not loading default scenery and aircraft files. It won't speed up loading much and runs a risk of not having something important load.

Hello Ron,Each of those folders contains: - APX: these are the airport layout and facilities files - BRX: bridges - CVX: the terrain features (roads, water, shorelines, etc.) - DEM: the altitude mesh - NVX: nav aids - OBX: objects (obstructions and other default objects) The game only loads the scenery in the immediate area of your flight, so you will gain nothing by removing these folders.The same is valid for aircraft - only the airplane used in your flight is loaded. The information in the Aircraft Selection window in only text and a small jpg, not anything slowing down loading times.To reduce load in FSX, turn sliders down, particularly the LOD Radius setting.Best regards.Luis