Sign in to follow this  
mrbill38119

can't Import scripts

Oliver,

I am having a problem importing scripts into AAO. This has happened before, and I fixed it but I don't remember how. The icon for the script file is defaulting to an Internet Explorer Edge icon and when I try to import the script, there is no response coming from AAO acknowledging an import. And it doesn't show up in the script editor.

Only thing that I know has changed is an Edge update - other than that - I have not been aware of any other changes. AAO works fine with all existing scripts in the database. Using AAO 3.00 b53

Hope this is clear to you. The file shows as utf-8. Thanks!

Bill Farmer

Edited by mrbill38119
additional info

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

3 hours ago, mrbill38119 said:

The icon for the script file is defaulting to an Internet Explorer Edge icon

That is of no consequence. Whatever icon Windows decides to show you has nothing to do with the contents of the file, just with its name. Windows keeps an internal "database" of what file name shall be opened with what program. That is completely arbitrary, Windows doesn't acutally know or care what there really is "inside" the file.

3 hours ago, mrbill38119 said:

Hope this is clear to you.

Not really, no. I would have to see the file (file name and contents) and a description of how you are importing it into AAO exactly. 

You can open any file with any program, regardless of the association that Windows has made for its own purposes (= regardless of the icon): right click the file, select "Open with" from the context menu, then for example select the Windows Notepad.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I solved my issue by uninstalling AAO and any file related to AAO. I did copy all files to a folder on another drive but did not use anything there. Since my Stream deck software and MSFS maintained my settings, I downloaded the files for my aircraft, etc. and just reimported the scripts. I'm sure there was an easier way to do it but it worked for me. 

I have no idea what the actual issue was but it's working fine again.

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15