Sign in to follow this  
Stefano1978

Taxi clearance to the opposite runway

First of all, Hello everyone and many many thanks to Dave for this excellent software.

Being a non native speaker, speech recognition of Pilot2ATC is almost perfect. It gets my not-so-good pronounciation  almost flawlessly. Great job, really.

I'm having a strange issue that started just a few days ago (I installed last beta to try it).

After installing the beta (the 5W and then the 5X4, no changes), I've run MakeRunways and tried to reimport all taxiways and gates. No error, but this is what happes on at least 2 different airports so far, but I'll continue looking on every airport I depart from.

Both from LIRA (Ciampino) and LIRF (Fiumicino) airports, at least one runway get Taxi instructions "reverted".

Let's say I'm at one of the medium gates in Fiumicino Airport, I've a filed flight plan with departure from runway 16R. When I request taxi to that runway, this is what the ATC tells me to do:

ATC Speak:  RYANAIR Five Eight Four Two  Taxi to Runway One Six Right Via taxiways Golf, Delta, Hotel, Romeo, Mike, Zulu, Victor, Alpha, Alpha Lima,  Hold Short Runway One Six Right22:38:22

Thing is, Alpha Lima is the last taxiway and entry point to Runway 34L, the exact opposite of runway 16R

I just noticed I can't paste a screenshot here because I should upload it somewhere, I cannot at the moment but I can email to you Dave if you need it, showing the path TaxiMnt is giving me if I try to show the path to the runway after selecting the active runway and placing the aircraft at a gate.

I don't remember having this issue on Fiumicino airport with the stable version. I should probably rollback to that version and check but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks and sorry If I wrote something stupid. I'm new to this software and to this forum, altough I'm not new to Flight Simulator having started flying some 25 years ago 🙂

Looks like there is a problem with the taxi data.  There is a break in Taxiway A where it crosses RW07, making it impossible to get a route to the departure end of RW 16R.  So the program then allows use of the Runways as taxiways and takes you to RW34L to let you backtrack on the runway to get to 16R.

You can add a taxiway segment to A to allow the crossing of RW07 and it should then let you get directions to 16R.

Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Looks like there is a problem with the taxi data.  There is a break in Taxiway A where it crosses RW07, making it impossible to get a route to the departure end of RW 16R.  So the program then allows use of the Runways as taxiways and takes you to RW34L to let you backtrack on the runway to get to 16R.

You can add a taxiway segment to A to allow the crossing of RW07 and it should then let you get directions to 16R.

Dave

Thank you very much Dave.

I'll try to add the segment as you suggested.

It worked like a charm.

There were 2 taxi pins over the runway that has to be crossed and they weren't linked. Removing just one of them re-created the link and now both Rwy 16R and 07 get correct taxi instructions.

Thanks again for the extremely fast answer.