Sign in to follow this  
bgonurx

Direct to TURN on SID with vectors

Hi Dave,

When taking off on a SID which includes vectors, I often get the vector and then am told to proceed direct to Tango Uniform Romeo November (TURN), rather than the name of the waypoint I should be going direct to. As an example, I was on the SLAPP2 departure from KBUR, and after takeoff I was told "Turn Right Heading Two Niner Zero then direct Tango Uniform Romeo November", when it should say "direct to RAYVE" (the name of the next waypoint). 

I went direct to RAYVE and P2A proceeded on with the flight plan as expected, so it's not causing a major problem, but something that I thought you might be able to correct at some point. I can send you the log file if you'd like.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

Thanks Dave! Amazing support as always! I tested it and it worked appropriately now. One question though, when it gives the direct it always spells out the name of the waypoint (in the above example, it now gives "direct to Romeo Alpha Yankee Victor Echo". From what I've heard in real life though ATC would just say the name of the waypoint, such as "direct to RAYVE". Is it possible to have P2A say the waypoint name rather than spelling it out? It already says the waypoint name when give SID/STAR and transition, so hopefully it's not a very difficult change. 

Thanks again,

Brian

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

Unfortunately, names are not always able to be pronounced as a word, for example, CF32A.   The phonetic pronunciation works everywhere with all fix names.

Dave

That makes sense. I appreciate the changes that you made. I'm just throwing out ideas here, likely things you've already thought of, but could you have it do something like use the phonetic spelling for any waypoint that isn't exactly 5 characters long or anything that has a number in the name? That would catch things like CF32A, or any oceanic waypoint, as well as any VOR waypoints that are only 3 characters long where using the phonetic spelling seems more realistic. I realize there may be other waypoint caveats I haven't thought of so I totally understand if it's not feasible. Thanks for the consideration anyway!

Brian

Brian