Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Help with monitor acuity with nvidia 4080 vc textures

Im sure someone can help with this . I have a new build with a 4080 card. I am still using an older asus  monitor and unfortunately i still have an old issue.

I have a very hard time getting my vc textures really clear and sharp. I use  microsoft 2020, xplane 12 and 11, and p3d v5.4 , so im pretty up to date as of may 2023. 

However , i cannot get the vc textures sharp and clear on the aircraft iIfly, some stock and some not. The vc textures are always pretty blurry

I fly stock planes and carenado and pmdg aircraft in most of the sims ( obviously things are a mix of success with respect to the variation on the sim ) but regardless the VC is always pretty blurry

I am looking for the very best monitor that might fix this issue , if  even possible !

Thoughts?

Pete

10 minutes ago, pkofman said:

However , i cannot get the vc textures sharp and clear on the aircraft iIfly, some stock and some not. The vc textures are always pretty blurry

How are images/pix/videos outside of your flight sims? If they're blurry too I'd first look at any (all) tweaks I've recently made to the video driver that would apply across platforms.

People were complaining about blurry gauges while using DX12 beta. But using DX11 loses some of the benefits of the 40XX GPUs.

Clear the DX cache folders in %localappdata%\NVIDIA

Reinstall or upgrade or downgrade the 4080's driver.

This is a curse brought about by the Maple Leafs once again disappointing their fans. It cannot be fixed until one or more of the chosen four get traded out of town, preferably far away to Phoenix.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Thanks  @Twenty6 ... i agree it is always the leafs fault!!!!!

Edited by pkofman

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

How are images/pix/videos outside of your flight sims? If they're blurry too I'd first look at any (all) tweaks I've recently made to the video driver that would apply across platforms.

People were complaining about blurry gauges while using DX12 beta. But using DX11 loses some of the benefits of the 40XX GPUs.

Clear the DX cache folders in %localappdata%\NVIDIA

Reinstall or upgrade or downgrade the 4080's driver.

This is a curse brought about by the Maple Leafs once again disappointing their fans. It cannot be fixed until one or more of the chosen four get traded out of town, preferably far away to Phoenix.

fyi @twenty6, the only blurry stuff i have on this machine are the textures in the vc on all platforms....