Sign in to follow this  
merlin_66

Lockheed Hudson

I'm trying to set-up all the aircraft currently located/ airworthy at Temora YTEM, NSW Australia.

I've managed to find all the Spitfires (MSFS), Tiger Moth, Wirraway and the Canberra, Sabre, Vampire, Meteor, and Boomerang (FXS) but so far I've been unable to locate a freeware version of the Lockheed Hudson. See: https://www.airforce.gov.au/community/event-participation/air-force-heritage-aircraft-fleet/lockheed-hudson

If anyone knows of a suitable model could they let me know. For Static or flying duties.

Thanks

Options:

• You could try for a Lockheed Ventura, the up-engined larger successor to the Hudson
  • You could look around for the US military Hudson variants (basically different engines), the A28 and A29,  but I suspect they do not exist either.
  • Note that the original civilian aircraft the Hudson is based upon is the Lockheed Model 14 Super Electra but I doubt that exists either.
  • I suspect your closest might be the Aeroplane Heaven Lockheed Electra of Amelia Earhart fame.  Slightly smaller and earlier design features than the Model 14/Hudson but the same family.

Note the AH Electra has not received particularly good reviews amongst users in MSFS, but the Electra is definitely available in game and was the original design in the family of aircraft the Hudson evolved from.

Lockheed Electra Model 10

Lockheed-10-Electra_Aeropedia-The-Encycl

Lockheed-Model-10.jpg

Lockheed Hudson

Hudson-1a.jpg

Lockheed-Hudson_Aeropedia-The-Encycloped

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

There was a freeware Hudson for FSX maybe someone converted it. 

Glenn,

Thanks for that.

Todd2 - I've been unable to find any FSX version - there is an older CFS2 one.