Sign in to follow this  
bgonurx

MCE MSFS Edition Not Launching

Since the latest version of MCE MSFS edition was released (3.0.3.4), I have been having issues getting MCE to run. Once I'm loaded in the cockpit, I launch MCE, get the prompt to run as administrator, and then the application crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (downloaded a fresh copy of the MceMSFS.exe file from the MCE website), and it will sometimes work one or two times but then it goes back to crashing on launch. I tried setting the Debug = 1 in the mce.ini, but when the application crashes like this it does not even get to the point where it creates an entry in the MCE log file. In the Windows 11 event viewer I get the following error:

Faulting application name: mce.exe, version: 3.0.3.4, time stamp: 0x643a8e74
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1702, time stamp: 0x2c69ee68
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00148412
Faulting process id: 0x0x2038
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D99E591B8F9551
Faulting application path: D:\MSFS Addons\Multi Crew Experience\mce.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7953032e-f166-43c7-8535-783c95a17fb1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

From searching this forum I found one other instance with this kernelbase error and it seemed to be related to the antivirus program. I'm only using the built in Windows Defender and I've tried setting both the MCE folder and the mce.exe as exceptions, plus I have not found any activity in the Protection History showing any files being quarantined or blocked. I've done error checking on the drive, run the DISM and SFC repair tools, and I've even done an in-place reinstall of Windows in case it was a corrupted file, but the problem persists. At this point I'm out of things to try and fix it. I never had this happen with the previous versions of MCE MSFS editions, but unfortunately, I don't have the old installers to test if the older versions would still launch correctly. 

I'd appreciate any help or insight you may have. If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

14 hours ago, bgonurx said:

Since the latest version of MCE MSFS edition was released (3.0.3.4), I have been having issues getting MCE to run. Once I'm loaded in the cockpit, I launch MCE, get the prompt to run as administrator, and then the application crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (downloaded a fresh copy of the MceMSFS.exe file from the MCE website), and it will sometimes work one or two times but then it goes back to crashing on launch. I tried setting the Debug = 1 in the mce.ini, but when the application crashes like this it does not even get to the point where it creates an entry in the MCE log file. In the Windows 11 event viewer I get the following error:

Faulting application name: mce.exe, version: 3.0.3.4, time stamp: 0x643a8e74
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1702, time stamp: 0x2c69ee68
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00148412
Faulting process id: 0x0x2038
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D99E591B8F9551
Faulting application path: D:\MSFS Addons\Multi Crew Experience\mce.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7953032e-f166-43c7-8535-783c95a17fb1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

From searching this forum I found one other instance with this kernelbase error and it seemed to be related to the antivirus program. I'm only using the built in Windows Defender and I've tried setting both the MCE folder and the mce.exe as exceptions, plus I have not found any activity in the Protection History showing any files being quarantined or blocked. I've done error checking on the drive, run the DISM and SFC repair tools, and I've even done an in-place reinstall of Windows in case it was a corrupted file, but the problem persists. At this point I'm out of things to try and fix it. I never had this happen with the previous versions of MCE MSFS editions, but unfortunately, I don't have the old installers to test if the older versions would still launch correctly. 

I'd appreciate any help or insight you may have. If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Sorry about that Brian.

I suggest you re-download the recently uploaded V3.0.3.9 for MSFS edition (using the link that was provided to you via e-mail.

Then let us know if you have any issue.

Thanks. I installed the new version and so far it has launched without issue. I will let you know if anything changes.

Appreciate the help

Brian

• Like 1

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2