Sign in to follow this  
newtie

FSX SP1 question

Hi,I'm a new convert to FSX from FS9. When it first came out, my Dell just wouldn't run it so I shelved it. I now have a new computer which seems to be doing pretty well with FSX. My question is does SP1 cover all those tweaks that I read about many months ago, ie. buffer pool, fiber frame fraction, tree and building cells (if I remember correctly)? I don't know if I would be going backwards by changing them at this point.Thanks,Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check out Phil Taylors blog and look for the SP1 release and tweaks blogs, lots of information there. With that said, the buffer pool was upped to a default of 4,000,000 from 1,000,000 but that is the only change as far as what you listed. You'll have to re-enter the rest I believe.One caveat, I think the Fiber Frame tweak is no longer necessary for dual core (although I drop it down to .10 to fly complex aircraft in the major cities) and there are a few new tweaks in his blog.I'm not sure but you may want to check out fsinsider.com as well, I think they have a link to the tweaks there.