Sign in to follow this  
Tristen Echols

MCE creates P3D V5.4 to stutter

Hello I recently upgraded from P3D v4.5 to P3D v5.4 and I've noticed that every time I call the crew, P3D has a very noticeable stutter. My FPS are usually in the 30plus range until I activate MCE then it will drop to 15 FPS from time to time. I am using the most recent version of MCE and I only utilize PMDG 777. Any ideas??

If it's only happening when you launch MCE and reverts back to normal after that, it shouldn't be a concern. Windows will be launching "mce.exe" which in turn launches "spalsh.exe" while MCE is loading.

But once the UI is up and running, there should be hardly any impact on simulator performance as the app runs as an external process.

Having said that, we haven't yet tested it against V5.4 (only V5.3 so far), therefore very open to any report that will eventually require adjustment to fsInsider64.dll (that runs inside P3D process).

Here are a few things that occasionally break between patches or major P3D versions.

When you speak a command, is it displayed inside the sim in red font as usual or is this not happening?

If using native ATC and assuming there are a few options in ATC window, ask co-pilot "confirm ATC options" and a voice should spell out the content of the window. If it's not the case, then some work will need to be done to adapt it to V5.4

If using GSX and the catering trucks arrive, folllowed by a prompt (green bar GSX text) to open/close service doors, is MCE handling them automatically?

Would appreciate others chime in.

Maybe it's time to have a closer look at it. Just that the workload with MSFS is now so huge that it's getting harder to keep a tab on all supported sims.

And yes, we will keep supporting Prepar3D, including V6. We just added support for iFly 737 MAX a few months ago.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Gerald and thank you for your reply. When I speak a command there is no red font, however the F/O does respond as usual. I can confirm that MCE is not doing the normal things it previously did before V5.4 came along. Thank you for still supporting P3D, I'll wait patiently for an updated version.