Sign in to follow this  
volleynerd

Re-center and zoom when selecting procedures

I have LNM installed on my desktop and laptop (for making flight plans from the couch 🙂).  I have noticed a subtle, yet bothersome difference between the two, and am likely just missing something subtle, wonder if anyone can point it out.

Same version installed on both machines. 2.8.11
Same settings in Tools / Options (I have gone through each page and compared).

When zoomed out to a desired distance around an airport, I select different STARs and see where they come from. 

• On laptop, the UI does not recenter or zoom on selection change. (video example here) This is desired, I like having the same / optimal vantage point when comparing procedure routes.
  • On desktop, the UI DOES center and zoom on selection change. (video example here) Seems to want to keep the full procedure in the zoom extent.

Anybody know the difference on what causes the different behavior? 

Thank you!

Right click and check "Follow selection" in the context menu to have LNM center procedures when selecting them.
This menu item is also available in the other search tabs (airport, navaids, etc.) as well as in the flight plan table and elevation profile.

Alex

• Like 2

Excellent. Another one of the many, many killer features of LNM that I didn't know was there. (Just recently discovered the toolbar button in procedures to "preview all listed procedures" even though that has been in front of me for a long time.)

THANK YOU for the help @albar965

• Like 1