Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Where is the Day sky texture? and whats it called?

I have a nice day sky texture in FS9. I want try brining it over to FSX to see if it would work.Does anyone know what its called? and is the file format the same between FS9 and FSX? if not how do I convert it to the FSX format?Anyone:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Xiderpunk

Hi Manny,Day textures are made up of all the sky_*.bmp files in the Textures directory of FSX, however FS9 sky textures are no good for FSX. Firstly they have to be 32bit rather than 24bit and secondly in FSX you have a round earth so the transition from horizon to the blackness of space has to be in the correct proportions, otherwise you lose the correct perception of altitude.Not trying to discourage you of course, just in most cases the skies need to be reworked completely to look as good in FSX.Hope that helps,Chris Norris

Ah..OK. Thanks Chris!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter