Sign in to follow this  
MrMoss99

Lionheart TB-21 GT - am I doing something wrong?

Hi all.

I recently picked up the Lionheart Creations TB-21 GT as I fancied a decent IFR touring aircraft that can fly at altitude. However, when attempting to fly above 10,000ft it almost starts behaving like a normally aspirated engine rather than a turbo. Looking at the PIM, I was expecting around 24.7inches of manifold, with 2500rpm & 75% power at 13,000ft. Instead I was at FULL power, 2500rpm and it was barely scraping 20 inches of man-pressure. I uploaded a YT video demonstrating my findings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj2nyvg3Xwc (the video is still processing as I only just uploaded it)

As far as I'm concerned I wasn't doing anything wrong. All the systems were on, fuel valve selected, mixture leaned using EGT, oil pressure & temps in the green, I tried flicking on & off the fuel pump and changing the prop pitch, but nothing was getting me close to the numbers I was expecting. Am I being a dafty?

I am using MSFS v1.33.8.0 and the latest release of the Lionheart TB21 (v4.4.2)

Any input would be appreciated, with thanks

Edited by MrMoss99
Small correction

Mr Moss
---------------------------------
🛩️ UK PPL(A)
🖥️ MSFS & Prepar3D v5
🗺️ Southern England

If anyone was following this, I've now had conformation from Bill (the dev) that this is a problem with the product itself, and will be fixed in a future update.

Mr Moss
🛩️ UK PPL(A)
🖥️ MSFS & Prepar3D v5
🗺️ Southern England

I'm glad they're going to update it.  How do you like the airplane, otherwise?   I remember seeing it released but i can't remember when that was.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 7/19/2023 at 11:23 PM, Mace said:

I'm glad they're going to update it.  How do you like the airplane, otherwise?   I remember seeing it released but i can't remember when that was.

Honestly I can't say, I'm holding off flying it any further until the issue is fixed - it's kind of a deal breaker. The PIH states it can go to the mid-twenty thousands, but in the sim she can't even fly past 16,000ft with this bug. From my short time in the plane, the visuals are nice & I like its quirky cockpit layout. I imagine once fixed she'll be a lovely cruiser.

Mr Moss
🛩️ UK PPL(A)
🖥️ MSFS & Prepar3D v5
🗺️ Southern England

On 7/20/2023 at 8:23 AM, Mace said:

I bought this a long time ago and not impressed.  There's no windshield rain effects and also the high altitude issue.  The developer is slow to respond to support enquiries as well.

Not recommended.

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Something else I'm investigating also is the aircraft's slow flight characteristics. Even with full drag flap extended, when approaching stall speed she was climbing at 500fpm with idle power!? It was a blustery day, and I was into wind, but it was only 15-20kts... The whole flight model seems odd. 

Mr Moss
🛩️ UK PPL(A)
🖥️ MSFS & Prepar3D v5
🗺️ Southern England