Sign in to follow this  
Noncon

Modification of default airports (MSFS)

Hello, 

I have dozens of default airports that I have made modifications (correct parking spots, lighting etc.),using the SDK. 

Using PSXTraffic with the default airport (e.g. KATL), the results are great with both Live (~30) and Static (~45) aircraft.   

However placing the modified airport (KATL) into the Community folder, there are no static aircraft, and less than a dozen live, and the airport is listed as unknown. 

https://imgur.com/a/nFU5OH0

I'm sure I missing a setting somewhere, but not sure where. 

Any help is appreciated. 

53 minutes ago, Noncon said:

I'm sure I missing a setting somewhere, but not sure where. 

PSXTraffic generates airport files with static parking options, based on the default stock airports (the default .BGL file), and all kinds of third party addon airports. If you modify an airport locally, it makes no sense to let me generate traffic options, for inclusion in the archive, because nobody else has that modified airport.

Edited by kiek

Yes, that does make sense, but I don't think I had this problem when using PSXT MSFS and the Learner program.  So I may try the Pro version of RT.

However, if Asobo ever makes the portal for users to share their modified airports, this may be an issue for more people. 

7 hours ago, Noncon said:

Yes, that does make sense, but I don't think I had this problem when using PSXT MSFS and the Learner program.  

That's correct. PSXT_MSFS learns the airports on the fly while it runs, and thereby uses your modified airport.
PSXTraffic does not learn, but gets learned airports ofline from me via the archive.
You better use PSXT_MSFS then. 

7 hours ago, Noncon said:

However, if Asobo ever makes the portal for users to share their modified airports, this may be an issue for more people. 

Let us face that when time comes, if it comes at all. No worrries.  Besides, most of us fly to third party airports, there is not much need to modify these.

Edited by kiek

Nico,

After the latest update, do I still need to use the old version of PSXT_MSFS (pro subscription) to get static traffic at modified default airports?

18 minutes ago, Noncon said:

After the latest update, do I still need to use the old version of PSXT_MSFS (pro subscription) to get static traffic at modified default airports?

No, you can now use PSXTraffic I'd say. Place all your .xml files from PSXT_MSFS\updated_airports into PSXTraffic\airports\updated, and check the Learn checkbox in the GUI.