Sign in to follow this  
RelaxX

Buttons on the Elgato StreamDeck Plus don't work

I can work with the web API. The FMC of the PMDG 737 aircrafts works from the local website and the remote iPad.

Now I installed the Elegato software for the StreamDeck plus. I installed the lorbyaxisandohs_elgato_plugin. I installed two profiles, one for PMDG 737 and one for A2A Comanche. The buttons rotation knobs are shown in the StreamDeck software and also in the physical stream deck. But pressing buttons on the Elgato StreamDeck Plus have no impact on the aircraft.

I worked through the axisandohs_webapi_troubleshooting document. I can’t find the reason of the problem. Kindly advise. Thanks.

Best regards from RelaxX

16 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

I installed the lorbyaxisandohs_elgato_plugin

What exactly did you install? That is not what the plugin is called, should be "com.lorbysi.aao.sdPlugin". Where did you get it, what version is it?

I installed two profiles,

Did you ask the authors of those profiles? Did you install all the assets that they provided, did you import all their scripts into AAO? 

I worked through the axisandohs_webapi_troubleshooting document.

What does that mean? What port are you using for the StreamDeck? 

I can’t find the reason of the problem.

What exactly is the problem? I'm not sure that I understand. Is the StreamDeck not working at all with AAO or just a little bit? Can you elaborate?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I installed com.lorbysi.aao.streamdeckplugin_25_13 downloaded from Downloads - AXIS AND OHS.

Two profiles with their scripts:

From Guenseli: A2A Comanche PA-24 StreamDeck XL & PLUS profile and AAO Scripts from https://de.flightsim.to. Profile PLUS A2A PA-24, Script AxisAndOhsScripts_A2AComanche.xml.

From Guenseli: PMDG 737 AAO Scripts & StreamDeck XL & PLUS Profile &amp from https://de.flightsim.to. Profie PLUS PMDG 737, Script AxisAndOhsScripts_PMDG737.xml.

Port: WebApi Port = 9080.

Port for StreamDesk: I haven't set anything. Is it also 9080 then? Is the fault here?

Problem: pushing a button or rotating a dial of the SteamDeck hardware has no effect in the MSFS 2020 aircraft.

I hope this clarifies and helps.

Best regards from RelaxX

9 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

Problem: pushing a button or rotating a dial of the SteamDeck hardware has no effect in the MSFS 2020 aircraft.

What about the back channel, are the buttons and the touch strip showing the values from the sim?

If they are not, change the port, that is always the first thing to do. The AAO default is actually 43380

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

11 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

Port for StreamDesk: I haven't set anything. Is it also 9080 then? Is the fault here?

Use the dialog in AAO to check the port, as described in the troubleshooting guide. It must be the same on both ends, in AAO and in the StreamDeck Plugin

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

After changing the ports for AAO and the StreamDeck Plugin to 6080 it’s working fine now. Thanks a lot for your kind and very helpful support.

Best regards from RelaxX

4 minutes ago, RelaxX said:

After changing the ports for AAO and the StreamDeck Plugin to 6080 it’s working fine now. Thanks a lot for your kind and very helpful support.

If I may - I think that the new defaults (43380, 43280) are the better choice (there is a "Default" button on the Configure Port dialogs for WebAPI and WebFIPs). Just be mindful that you will have to use that port for the Web FMC URL too

But whatever works for you of course.

LORBY-SI

Thanks a lot for your kind advice. It works like a charm with the new defaults.

Best regards from RelaxX

My streamdeck plus runs my autopilot for my Cessna Longitude just fine, but for some reason the aircraft lights don't work. If I hit the taxi button on my deck, no effect. But if I hit the taxi light button in my cockpit, it works on my streamdeck any advice?

1 hour ago, DEADTIME69 said:

any advice?

You are probably using the wrong events or variables. In MSFS the controls can be different for each aircraft (and for each mod of an aircraft!). For some the default events work, for others the aircraft developer implemented his own logic and they don't (= you have to find out what event or variable has to be operated).

If you have downloaded that StreamDeck profile I suggest that you ask the author.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Got most of my aircraft lights in the Longitude working on my streamdeck and axis and ohs.Taxi works, Recognition etc. My issue is when I go to different page in the profile...like the AP panel it de-activates  the buttons on my streamdeck but the but the buttons in the sim are working. I have to go into the sim and manually turn the lights off and then turn them on in my streamdeck. Any help is appreciated.