Sign in to follow this  
shanmu

aircraft wont move

I've had p3d for about a week now, I spent most of this week installing various addons. After finally getting into a flight I was unable to taxi around. I was flying the quality wings 787 and the aircraft wouldn't move unless I put the throttle to TOGA. I made sure the parking brakes and chocks where removed, I also checked the 'Position freeze' control and that wasn't the problem. I then tested other aircraft and found the same problem. In addition I checked my rudder pedal control and calibration and that also wasn't the problem. 

I noticed other people managed to fix this problem but they don't specify how. Does anyone else know and easy fix to this that doesn't include reinstalling p3d?

• Upvote 1

Check your joystick USB ports. Reset them. I had similar issue, but after resetting my USB ports the problem was gone. And also do you have joystick config? If yes, use it. 

quick update, i think its something to do with FSUIPC and the different friction settings. i have no clue how to change those.

59 minutes ago, shanmu said:

How do I make a joystick configuration?

Well, that depends on multiple stuff. First, you need to have a joystick. Second, in P3D you can go and check Controls submenu on Options menu. There you have key assignments, also axis assignment and also calibration and other controls. You just need it to use the sim. I mean, I can't tell you my config, because I don't know what joystick config you have. Mine is Thrustmaster 16000M FCS Flight pack. 

What are you using for flight controls?

The first thing to check is to see if the brake axis is reversed.  Press on the brakes and if they release when brakes are applied, then you need to set the axis for reversed operation in the controls menu, FSUIPC, Axes and Ohs or wherever your axis settings are made.

Often a stuck brake issue is caused by an unintended phantom assignment of an axis.  The Thrustmaster AirbusTCA throttle quad, for example, has a default mapping for a parking brake switch that belongs to one of its expansion modules, and it's not visible unless you know to scroll down in the device view.  By default it's assigned to parking brakes, and it'll lock them up unless you unassign it, even though the expansion module isn't installed. 

Sometimes a default mapping on a controller like a gamepad can do it as well.  You have to check the axis assignments on every device listed in the computer's device list.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Okay, let me give you some example, this might help. But be aware, if you do not have joystick config with separate thrust control, from the stick and separate rudder pedals / brakes connected via cable with the thrust control quadrant this config won't work for you. So, please, tell me - what config you have? If you have only a joystick, with single thrust button and stick only this won't work, but if you have config with all them separate axis - I can send you my configuration. 

So, here some images and explanation of the images. 

j1Rg5Y3.png

This is my stick controls. I put only two axis on them - the elevator and the aileron. That way they control my plane behavior when in air. 

tU0qRu8.png

4Vy2LpK.png

I put them on 50 % both, because I want perfect null zone. 

o5l7ZnX.png

This however is the throttle quadrant plus the rudder pedals configuration. This is different, here I put not only my brakes, which are the separate parts of the rudder pedals, but also throttle and rudder. 

ETr3Qh5.png

1IL69gW.png

O2y72nD.png

As you can see all the throttle and brakes are on max sensitivity and 1 null zone. But rudder acts like the airborne controls on 50 % ratio for both types. 

So, this is my axis assignment. 

Now it's time for miscellaneous. Here some other stuff I did:

lKGrKxs.png

This is on my joystick stick part, I added flaps buttons, be aware, they might be assigned to something else, so you need to find them and remove them in order your buttons to work. 

ZqupzIF.png

Final piece of the config - Elevator trim buttons are put on my throttle quadrant so I can control the plane's trim. 

Basically, that's it. If you have any questions - I can answer them. 

i using the alpha yoke, with the thrustmaster TCA boeing throttle and thrustmaster rudder pedals

ive gone through all my different control settings, making sure there were know unknown keybinds, but this still hasnt changed anything. the weird thing is that i can taxi fine but then as soon as i use my toe brakes it just wont let me taxi again. its like the toe brakes activate some setting making it impossible to move.

1 hour ago, shanmu said:

i using the alpha yoke, with the thrustmaster TCA boeing throttle and thrustmaster rudder pedals

Perfect, so you can manage the settings like me. Unfortunate is, my config won't work for that yoke, but you perfectly can do it yourself. Be aware, that those brakes you need to not push them a lot. Maybe you have some USB driver problem? You need to pull breaks really slow, that will make it lose some speed and not lose the whole speed. 

I'm going to try re install the drivers for the pedals, hopefully it's something to do with that as I would have no clue what else to do to try fix it.

3 minutes ago, shanmu said:

I'm going to try re install the drivers for the pedals, hopefully it's something to do with that as I would have no clue what else to do to try fix it.

I presume you connect them via USB port to the pc? I suggest try pulling the USB from the pc and put it back. That will help prob. 

ive downloaded the drivers for the rudder pedals and that hasnt seemed to do anything, i dont think its to do with my controls, but no sure what else it could be related too.

You can make a video about it. I am still not sure what exactly is the issue you are having.