Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Connecting the programs

I have installed FSUIPC7 and PILOT2ATC and NaviGraph and its data, according to the instrutions I found, although those instructions do not appear to be the same everywhere, but still, it looks like each of the programs works on its own. But, when I really want to start MSFS2020, and I have entered the necessary data for a small flight plan, 'connect' doesn't seem to work.
What could be the reason? For example, should the programs all be in one folder, which I did not do, but in 3 separate folders, or is the order of installation of the programs important, or do special settings need to be adjusted in one or the other program?
The problem is: Connecting the programs with MSFS2020 fails.
Where do I look for the error? ....

Jive1 Belgium

The programs all install separately.  Navigraph is only used with a subscription to get updated data files that must be installed while Pilot2ATC is not running.  Usually using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager or the downloadable manual installer file.

When you set up FSUIPC7, you want to take the option to let FSUIPC7 start MSFS.  This should put an FSUIPC7 shortcut on your desktop that you then use to start MSFS.  There are other ways to get them to run together.  The FSUIPC7 instructions should outline all this.

After MSFS and FSUIPC7 are up and running, and after you are in the cockpit, ready to fly, you can press the connect button in Pilot2ATC and it should connect.

When Pilot2ATC connects, there will be 3 lines in the Speech Text Window at the bottom right and the Connect button will turn green and the text will change to Connected.  The last line in the Speech Text Window will be "Grammars Loaded" and the Yellow aircraft representing your aircraft will be visible on the map.
“Simulator Disconnected” will appear on the second press of the Connect button as it disconnects from the SIM.

If not, you are not completely connected and FSUIPC7 is running.  Check the following:

• Be sure you are connected to the internet. It must be a reliable connection.
  • English-US Language installed and set as Primary Language, English Speech Recognition installed also.
  • Working Microphone installed and set as Default Sound Input device in Windows
  • Valid Call Sign – Try using the default call sign of Mfg: Beech; Tail Number: N431VB.  Press the Save button.
  • Try running the program in Administrator mode by right clicking on the Pilot2ATC.exe file and selecting “Run as Administrator”
  • If connected but the radios aren’t working, check the Battery and Avionics switches on or the “Ignore battery” and “Ignore Avionics” options are checked in P2A Config
  • If it seems to partially connect but the Connect button does not turn Green, set the Weather option to a different source such as NOAA Real Time Weather and try again.
  • If still won't fully connect, try deleting the AppConfig.xml file.  You will lose your Config settings, but some users have reported that this fixed their connection issue.  The file is located at: 

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Dave

Thank you Dave for this clear explanation. I have however one thought. I will certainly do a new setup, if not today, then it wil be tomorrow. I have one thought however... Is it not so that in reality the pilot first makes the flightplan, and only when that is ready, he goes to ten aircraft and starts the flight.

So I would prefer, if that is possible, first to make the flightplan in P2A, and when all data are known, also the navigraph data, just then connect to MSFS2020..

Is that possible, and how would that then be done,.

Jive1 - Belgium 

That's the right way to do it.

Go to the Navigraph site and read up on how to use the FMS Data Manager to update your data.

You don't absolutely need to update it as the data that ships with P2A will work, but it is not up to date and will cause a lot of issues if you don't update it with a subscription from Navigraph.

Once the udpate is done, Navigraph has nothing to do with P2A.

You make your plan and validate in P2A.

Export the plan to MSFS format.

Start MSFS.

Load the plan using the World screen in MSFS from wherever you exported it to.

Start the flight in MSFS.

Then after you are in the cockpit at the departure airport, you can Connect P2A to the SIM, File the flight plan and start interacting with ATC.

Dave

Right!... I will takeinto account all your advises and try to build up my own procedure for beginning each flight in MSFS.

Thank you Dave.

Jive1 Belgium