Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

LNM not connecting to aircraft

Hi Alex,

running W10; P3Dv5.3+; LNM v2.8.12/32bit; N 2308; ASP3D + ASCA; UT-Live.

On starting PC today user aircraft is not showing on theLNM map display - just a yellow circle where the aircraft should be (parked at start of plan)!

I thought this might be to do with 'simconnect' but possibly not as ASP3D connects to the sim!

After completing a flight yesterday I did run the latest W10 update that was pestering me to install!!!

Prior to that installation P3D was running perfectly with LNM etc.

I did not, however, run P3D (or anything else) after the 'update' had installed - just allowed the PC to close and go for dinner.

Have checked all (?) the optional settings in LNM and these appear to be correct - have even re-installed LNM to no avail!

I would really appreciate your suggestions and input to this challenge.

Thanks in anticipation,

KenH.

Edited by Ken Hall

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Adendum:

After another PC-restart user aircraft is showing at my default P3D start position/default LNM plan!

However, user aircraft still not showing on a new plan; a trip down the Florida Keys in the Gruman Goose at 2000 feet.

Other loaded plans also not showing user aircraft!!! In addition, having loaded a plan the map then reverts to my default start at LBA!

Really puzzling!

KenH

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Not at my computer for a few days.

No idea what is going on there.

Can you send me your LNM log file? See contact section on my page.

I'll have a look when I'm back.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Sorry to have bothered you with this ~~~ after extensive trials (and many errors) I discovered it was MY fault entirely 😞.

When I 'named' my Florida Keys plan I mistakenly inserted a semi-colon [Florida Keys; KHST - KEYW].

Once that was removed/renamed the plan really came together 😎.

KenH

On 8/17/2023 at 3:17 PM, Ken Hall said:

When I 'named' my Florida Keys plan I mistakenly inserted a semi-colon [Florida Keys; KHST - KEYW].

A semi-colon in the filename?

MSFS chokes on all kind of special characters in the flight plan file name but P3D should normally be more tolerant.

I can extend my filename filter when exporting.

BTW: No need to apologize.

Alex