Sign in to follow this  
Naki18

Comanche won't update and can't reinstall

Can't even access a2a forum which is annoying to say the least to report this probelm.  Tried updating to 1.2 ...wont update as I get error... manually took out of community folder and then reinstall as advusd on a2a forum.  Won't reinstall as it says to remove through apps Uninstaller.  Tried that and get another error as it says it could not remove the input configuration link...so Iam completely stuck.  Actually I am word not allowed off and want a refund as I have never so much trouble installing updates of an aircaft in 20 years of simming 

Hi Naki! So sorry to hear the Comanche is giving you grief. Not sure what to suggest - apart from maybe running CCleaner to find/remove any redundant registry entries. I'd also give the A2A forum another try ... they're usually really helpful.

I suspect you won't be wanting to throw more good money after bad, but I use Revo Uninstaller on my sim PC. It makes a good job of clearing any leftover crud.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks Adam! I will try that as my PC probably needs a cleanout. 

Since my rant I have managed to uninstall the a2a files from the start menu and reinstall the Comanche!  Yah !....only problem I think I've lost my hours on the Comanche.

Phew!! That's a relief! Pity about the hours - but at least you have a nice new aircraft to bend!
BTW - in case you haven't seen it yet - here's a nice video from Scott about starting the Comanche. Amazing, what they've programmed into that aircraft!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtAKfSZ46HY

Adam.

Cheers thanks.!... just run the CCcleaner so hope that's tidied things up a bit

I'm still having problems with msfs itself as seems to hang and not sttart when I start a flight with add on aircraft and airports.  The way around this is that i hop into a default aircaft first and then back into the aircaft I want to fly...bit annoying all these issues as I have limited time to fly and spend most if it fixing and updating!

Edited by Naki18

2 minutes ago, Naki18 said:

I'm still having problems with msfs itself as seems to hang and not sttart when I start a flight with add on aircraft and airports.

Sounds like an incompatible addon to me. Do you use the Addons Linker? It really helps with debugging - as you can isolate blocks of addons (or all of them) easily to narrow down the problem.

• Like 1

No I don't... I know about it but haven't tried it.  I will give it a go.  Cheers

BTW ..my hours and all the changes (speed fairings etc) are all there!

Edited by Naki18

16 minutes ago, Naki18 said:

BTW ..my hours and all the changes (speed fairings etc) are all there!

Good news as well! I've sent you a PM about the Linker.