Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

Thinking in reinstall all

Good morning guys, which flight simulator 2020 updates do you think are the necessary and essential ones without having to update everything?

I say this because it has happened to me on several occasions that after some update the simulator has started to fail.

I'm going to format my computer's disk since lately the simulator always turns off after a couple of hours of flight.

That's why when I reinstall the flight simulator I would only like to update it in the essentials.

Can you advise me to make the new installation as efficient as possible?

Regards.

Edited by sudqui

You cannot choose which build to use, once you reinstall it will always be updated to SU12 (or SU13 beta if you opt in).

You can only avoid downloading the world updates from the content manager.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

On 8/21/2023 at 12:39 PM, MrFuzzy said:

You cannot choose which build to use, once you reinstall it will always be updated to SU12 (or SU13 beta if you opt in).

You can only avoid downloading the world updates from the content manager.

Hi Mrfuzzy. Thanks for asking me.

My Pc has two m.2 disks.

In first one there's a OS Windows 10.

In second one there's nothing.

In what of two disks is better to install the simulator?

There's another recommendation to install it?

Thanks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sudqui said:

In what of two disks is better to install the simulator?

It shouldn't make much difference... but assuming that the swap file is on the unit where the OS is, I'd suggest to install it in the empty one if you can.

As for efficiency, you can avoid installing all the World Updates if you don't fly in certain parts of the world... and avoid using the rolling cache (in data settings), as it often causes stutters.

Other than that, all is pretty straightforward.

Happy flying 🙂

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

On 8/24/2023 at 1:26 PM, MrFuzzy said:

It shouldn't make much difference... but assuming that the swap file is on the unit where the OS is, I'd suggest to install it in the empty one if you can.

As for efficiency, you can avoid installing all the World Updates if you don't fly in certain parts of the world... and avoid using the rolling cache (in data settings), as it often causes stutters.

Other than that, all is pretty straightforward.

Happy flying 🙂

Hi. Thank you very much. I'll reinstall when I finish my holidays.