Sign in to follow this  
Guest PlanePlanter

Acceleration Activation Error

>supervisor, and then suggested that we create a new user>profile in Windows XP Pro (which is the sole single-boot base>for my FS system installation), indicating that it was>possible that I might be able to get FSX activated, thereby>fixing the mysterious Windows registry section that was not>configured properly, and then finish installing Acceleration.>:-roll >>He suggested it was possible that since the new profile was>set up with Administrator privileges, upon logging back into>the original Administrator profile, FSX and Acceleration>should work; IT DID WORK! :-lolGreat heads up, Gary! Not an option that gets mentioned a lot but it certainly might help when the registry gets munged up.I had the same issue for the same reasons adding that I dual boot to Vista - still sorting out the options but the new user profile will go into my bag of tricks if my current steps don't work out.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Thank you!!! That got it working for me...I created a second account, logged in, went into RegEdit, checked that entry. (It had both PartMgr and GoBack in it, I changed it to just PartMgr) (goBack is Norton's GoBack utility...)Rebooted, logged back in with my main account, fired up FSX and was immediately prompted to Activate Accleration. Did it and it started up!Thanks again man!--Mike

Well, it's a nogo for me. No matter what I've tried so far, if I activate Acceleration in one OS it deactivates FSX in the other. If I uninstall Acceleration, the activation "returns" in both OS's.I MAY have to install two distinct copies of FSX for the dual boot option to work BUT it worked fine before Acceleration so as far as I'm concerned, Acceleration broke it.I'll keep tinkering though. I ventuire a guess that a workaround won't be far away.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest PlanePlanter

I'am having trouble getting this to work...You say user profile but will a new user account work?..I created a new user account with admin rights and verified that my registry was correct. There was an UpperFilters.bak entry in addition to just UpperFilters and both were set to PartMgr already. I deleted the UpperFilters.bak, rebooted and tried FSX with my main account but still get the 8-c000006 error....Arrrgh! Tried with the new account as well with the same results. I've attached a pic of this registry Key. Would someone be so kind as to compare to their reg for any anomalys.Thanks for any help...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179342.jpg

Guest PlanePlanter

With the astute help of GaryGB's reply I FINALLY got it registered!I created a new user account and verified that my registry settings were correct per previous posts. This still didn't work. I tried to uninstall Acceleration and although it went through the motions it DID NOT uninstall. Not through Add/Remove programs or the Repair/Remove options from the Acceleration DVD. I had to do a WinXP "clean boot" through msconfig before the stubborn thing would uninstall. I then ran FSX and all was well again, no activation errors and graphics smooth at 25fps. I reinstalled Acceleration and this time upon running FSX (still in alternate user account and clean boot situation) I was asked for the product key and it activated without further problem! Whew....what a PIA...should'nt have to be this way...Anyway some Acceleration observations...Sometimes the clouds will disappear and reappear very quickly.While moving quickly or panning quickly the movement seems to be "wave-like" almost like looking through heat displacement all the while fps solid at 25. This was not like this before Acceleration. Anyone else notice this?...Thanks for all your help..couldn't have done it without you!

Hi All:I owe an apology to every one who tried my above approach and failed!Terribly sorry for not including this additional information previously! :-outta I forgot MS tech support had me "Clean Boot" after creating a new User Account (Accounts were called "Profiles" in Windows prior to XP ...oops, old syntax habits die hard!).Click Start and then Run Msconfig (System Configuration Utility loads)On the System Configuration Utility "General tab"1.) Radio Button should be ticked as "Selective Startup"2.) Un-Check System.ini, Win.ini, Startup ItemsOn the System Configuration Utility "Services tab"1.) Check the checkbox for "Hide All Microsoft Services" (list shrinks!)2.) Click "Disable All" to un-check any remaining 3rd party services3.) Click "Apply", then click "OK"Now one would reboot to the Windows login box and choose the new User Account login option rather than the original Administrator Account, and one would proceed with this method as described n my prior post above: (fixed the item numbering this time too!) ;) 1.) Work through http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9270072.) Create a new User Account (Profile) with Administrator privileges3.) Start FSX... get the prompt to Activate4.) Activate FSX5.) Run FSX on a saved flight, exited FSX.6.) Install Acceleration7.) Activate AccelerationLog out of new user account, log into usual Administrator user account; FSX with Acceleration should now work! :-) Again, I hope this helps others, and saves them from unnecessary delays, work and stress.There may often be options worth pursuing beyond a tech rep's existing level of knowledge, so ask to speak with a supervisor if their initial recommendations fail, the rep doesn't volunteer to check other options before suggesting the "re-install FSX and/or Windows" route!I'm glad others here explored beyond what I too had initially recommended.I got so thrilled with testing the new Acceleration package, and busy with my daily activities, I had forgotten to mention something potentially important. :-doh So, when troubleshooting... never give up trying things beyond what others have said or written (however well-intended they may have been!). :-sun1 Kind regards,GaryGB