Sign in to follow this  
khdgermany

MSFS 2020 PMDG not working properly

Hi, I tried MCE with my brand new PMDG 736 yesterday. MCE loads and regognises the PMDG 736, although there were several problems, e.g. with setting MCP values via Co pilot (altitude, heading etc). I have purchased MCE long time ago for p3d and Xplane 11 and updated the versions as offered in downloads. However, could it be necessary to purchase seperate editions for the MSFS PMDG or Asobo ATR, to name just two addons? Cheers, Karl

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, khdgermany said:

Hi, I tried MCE with my brand new PMDG 736 yesterday. MCE loads and regognises the PMDG 736, although there were several problems, e.g. with setting MCP values via Co pilot (altitude, heading etc). I have purchased MCE long time ago for p3d and Xplane 11 and updated the versions as offered in downloads. However, could it be necessary to purchase seperate editions for the MSFS PMDG or Asobo ATR, to name just two addons? Cheers, Karl

If you have the Ultimate Edition for MSFS, Prepar3D, FSX supporting multiple complec planes, you just need to make sure you install the latest. ATR support has just been added recently

May also want to run the app wizard briefly.

Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->run app wizard.

Among other things, wizard will ensure a specific PMDG options file is edited to enable the PMDG SDK (it's disabled by default).

In P3D and FSX, they used to have a single file for all 600, 700, 800 & 900 variants. In MSFS, they have a separate file for each , and by the time you install MCE, the latter can only edit those that are present, not the ones that appear after installing new variants for MSFS.

These lines must be present in "Pmdg737_options.ini" (Not sure if that's the exact file name). In any case, the installer or wizard will edit the file automatically.

[SDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

Thank you, it seems to work now.

Another question: Is there an MCE flow chart available for the PMDG or the Asobo ATR in FS2020? Unfortunately I could only find older versions of the PMDG for FSX etc. (would they still be appropriate?) and none for the ATR.

13 hours ago, khdgermany said:

Thank you, it seems to work now.

Another question: Is there an MCE flow chart available for the PMDG or the Asobo ATR in FS2020? Unfortunately I could only find older versions of the PMDG for FSX etc. (would they still be appropriate?) and none for the ATR.

You're welcome.

We don't bother with flow charts simply because MCE isn't a "scripted adventure" where you have to switch yourself into "robotic role play" and kick-in with what to say for the Fo to do something.

Because it's a "fully interactive crew simulation" designed for real world or wannabe pilots, with no assumptions as to what help you want from the Fo at any given time, we don't see the need for it. Sometimes we do ship pre-made flows, but they aren't realistic in the sense Fo is made to handle all switching. It's then up to the user to remove all actions he/she deems his area of responsibility. That way, no 2 users will have the exact same flows, and each will opeerate as per his/her own airline SOPs.

Even if we publish a flow chart, the moment you edit a flow to change the trigger sentence or who does what it becomes useless.

With ATR loaded, in MCE UI go to "Command" tab and click <Voxscript> button.

All pre-made flows for that plane will be shown.

Select one, click <Edit>, then <Edit script commands> in following screen and you'll get to the panel showing all actions Fo will be performing as part of that flow.

You either leave it as is, or remove the items you would handle yourself.

You can rename a flow to any intuitive sentence and you will be able to trigger it with your custom command (no other similar product on the market can do that)

Since the flows are in plain English, they are self documenting.

Kind of when I say "this sentence only known to me", do this, then that, wait a bit, do this other bit and eventually report when you are done with the task.

May want to read this