Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Milviz/Blackbird Piaggio 180 Evo High VRAM Usage

Hello,

I've looked in their official support forum, but couldn't find a match, so I'm asking here: I installed Blackbird Sim's P180. I can power it up, start the engines and take off, but then the sim quickly CTDs because it runs out of VRAM - somehow the P180 manages to use 16 Gigs of it. It starts off with 6 - 7 on the ground, and climbs quickly to 16. Before the sim shows the appropriate error message, the plane's displays start malfunctioning, showing flickering textures.

Has anyone seen or heard of this?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On the KingAir 350 I believe there were some legacy render files included. Can't remember if they had those included for the 180 though. Maybe dig around in the files?

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

Hi Steve, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, couldn't find any such files. The 350 had a set of low resolution texture files? That might help here

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Update: I tried resetting my prepar3d.cfg to get rid of this problem, but it still is there. During testing I noticed hat the (dedicated) VRAM usage rises even if the sim is paused. Every second or two it increments by .1 of a GB. This was in the middle of the Atlantic (LPCR), and the end of another flight, so scenery fully loaded already.

Best regards, Dimitrios