Sign in to follow this  
psolk

AviaServer/RemoteCDU issues with MSFS/PMDG

So this is a highly unusual one but I hope you can help me troubleshoot.  I've been an EFB/CDU customer in P3D for years without years so unsure what's transpiring with MSFS.

Long story short but the .ini entries that are being created in the PMDG files is causing havoc with my machine.  

When enabled they are causing the displays on my OpenCockpits MCP to flicker on/off horribly.  No big deal, I can cover them with electrical tape as without the Data Broadcast entries the displays don't work anyway LOL.  The MCP can still control everything in the sim, it's just not reflected on the physical unit.  The flickering of the OC MCP started as soon as the entries were input into the .ini file.  Worse than that is when those entries are present after ~ 45 minutes of flight things start to slowly get very blurry.  Then I get an error message that my online connectivity has had an issue and I am being switched to offline mode.  What is REALLY weird is it "seems" like  a DOS attack as DNS and internet connectivity from the PC running AviaServer completely break.  Both a browser AND the Adapter show NO INTERNET CONNECTION.  MSFS eventually crashes.  Now I also assumed it was a driver issue or a sleep issue with the NIC but verified that is not the case.  I also tried DX11 and DX12 but with the same result.  Shut down MSFS and my connection is restored.  I've been in IT for 20+ years, I even tried enabling a new adapter but once it's broken it can't be fixed until MSFS and AviaServer are shut down.

Once I remove those entries and don't start AviaServer my subsequent flights are fine.   I have not tried a flight with those entries removed and AviaServer running without the Data Broadcast entries in the .ini, I also haven't tried the .ini entries present and the Aviaserver not running.  So I can't confirm if it is the entries or the server but the fact it is impacting my OpenCockpit modules as well leads me to believe it's the Data Broadcast being enabled in the .ini that's causing my issue.  

What data or logs can I provide to help test and hopefully resolve?  I hate flying without my Remote CDU 🙂 

Thank you in advance

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Happy to report back that after launching as and Administrator (I hate I am not considered an admin on my own machine despite having an admin account) AviaServer automatically updated and I about to complete a 6hr flight without incident.  First one with AviaServer running.  

Fingers crossed but wanted to report back

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg