Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Flight Deck 5 Update

Having tried desperately for several days to get my hands on FSX Expansion Pack, I gave up and went over to abacuspub.com and found Flight Deck 5 Update and I grabbed it. This is a peach for those who have Flight Deck 4 for FSX you can update for $17.50 US, otherwise it is $29.00 US to D/L it. Here is a brief rundown of changes... You are using the USS Gerald Ford,you are landing on a MOVING carrier, and they have something called 3wirex technology, not sure actally what it is but allows the cables to keep up with the moving carrier. Has more AI and also has the little yellow launcher men. The aircraft are about the same as FD4 but they look a little brighter, maybe it is just me. There are more missions and ops, better organized than FD4 was in my opinion.Maybe I will see you on multiplayer under FD5 Ops, otherwise have fun! No, I do not work for Abacus, just have gotten some good stuff from them.Cheers, Danny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I flew two missions tonight and they were great fun.The 1st is a training mission and I flew out of Norfolk NAS and had to catch the trap twice on the USS Gerald Ford, that gave me the "Top Tailhook" award.The 2nd training mission involved landing on the USS Gerald Ford and loading up with Maverick Missles and flying to a remote Island and blowing up the building, once you launch the missile you are out of the cockpit and steering the Maverick missle, I got the "Hot Dam Mable" call for that LOL...I kind of imagine I had found Osama on a Carribean Island and was covertly blowing him up. Kinda made it more fun!Cheers, DannyPS If anyone wants to fly multiplay with FD 5 send me a message