Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Has Anyone Fixed Back VC Windows DO-27?

I have managed to fix a few of my cloudy add on aircraft windows in the VC view since installing Acceleration, however, I can't figure out how to fix the Digital Aviation DO-27 back windows. Which texture files are for these and has anyone fixed them yet?Mike

Did you import the DO-27 from FS9 or are you using the FSX version? I have the FSX version and have no problems with it. I'm not sure it's just an Acceleration problem since I have no problem with it. CraigLian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec

Mine is the FSX version of the DO-27. I've seen others with the same problem.I finally fixed it. In case someone else cares here's how.Open the MM_DO27VCP_G4 file from one of the aircraft texture folders to the program DXTbmp. Invert the alpha file to black. Double click on the alpha black screen to get MS Paint to come up. Use custom color to change the black to a different gray scale (I used the slider to get to red, green, blue to 170). Save to file. Back at DXTbmp go to save and save the file, overwriting the existing MM_DO27VCP_G4, and using extended 32 bit 888-8. That should do it. Once your satisfied with the results, copy this modified file to all of the other Aircraft texture folders.It took me a lot of trial and error to figure this out since I'm not that great at this sort of thing.Mike