Sign in to follow this  
mafeistswiss

NAV Data Base update

Hello together,

Simulator X-Plane 12 (latest update on 04,10,23)
RealityXP (RXP) Products: GNS530 & GNS430 (latest updates)
Subscriptions: Navigraph (download the latest cycle: 2309)

I`ve bought the 2 HW devices from XPReality (GNS530 & GNS430) and installed it on my systems - Installation successfully done and it works. To check in the plugin Tab for updates: I`m up to date.
I also downloaded the last DB from Navigraph and installed it into the custom Data folder of X-Plane 12 - and with the standard GNS Devices the Nav Data Base is up to date as well, but:

the DB of the RXP devices is old and I don`t get an answer by searching the forums and also by reading the manual.
How can I get the DB of the RXP devices up to date as well.

thanks for an answer in advance.

regards
Martin

• Like 1

The databases for the Garmin Trainer that drives the GNS are a proprietary Garmin database.

It cannot be updated by Navigraph. It would require purchasing a genuine database from Garmin which can be expensive and problematic.

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

I have a Garmin database subscription for my aircraft. How can I update RealityXP's database with the actual Garmin database?

In the aircraft I just download the database to a card and plug the card to the navigator. Can directly upload that Garmin database to an appropriate X-Plane folder?

How can I do this for the G750 and G650?

Thank you

I would be interested about this issue as well. I haven’t purchased the product yet but looking at doing it. I also own a C182 with a 530W but I use a Jeppeson subscription for updates. I found the Garmin subscription did not include a lot of smaller airports. 

the problem I have is i am  siming the Baron 58 in x-plane 12 using a realsimgear 530/430 panel, and using to  Reality_xp to do the approaches and etc. When i turn on the Reality_XP plugin, the Glide slope US indicator comes on and I can't see the glide slope! (LPV approaches) Vloc works fine, but now mater what I try i can't get the GNSS approaches to work. I am hoping that a GPS update to the Garmin trainer file would fix this, but i would need that confirmed it would work before investing in   a GPS update file. so I have an interest in updating the Garmin trainer for sure.