Sign in to follow this  
Guest dsnowden

All my AI planes go white with DirectX 10 enabled in FSX Excel

Guest dsnowden

I have a E6600, 4 GB ram and a EVGA 8800GTS 640MB graphics card, and when I enabled the directx10, all my planes that are AI turn white with not liveries or paint jobs.I tried updating the driver on my graphics card but get the same results still.Anyone else having this issue?

I think it's because the aircraft in question were developed for FS9 or earlier versions and don't work with the latest update in Acceleration. IOW, no backward compatibility.Drivers wouldn't really have anything to do with this particular issue.Regards,Jim Karn

>I have a E6600, 4 GB ram and a EVGA 8800GTS 640MB graphics>card, and when I enabled the directx10, all my planes that are>AI turn white with not liveries or paint jobs.>>I tried updating the driver on my graphics card but get the>same results still.>>Anyone else having this issue?Do the AI aircraft have textures when you do NOT enable DX10?All my AI is PAI, AIEU and AIA, which have DXT3 textures.I'm running XP so DX10 glitches aren't an issue with me butif "Acceleration" is going to PORK my previously good AI underDX9 then it definately ISN'T going to get installed on my system.I also have many great FS9 aircraft that are currently working fine in FSX ( HS.748, BAC 1-11, Trident 3, Comet 3 & 4 ) and I'mnot willing to give them up if "Acceleration" causes problems thatI can't fix by simple texture conversions. Texture conversions for my AI from DXT3 to 32-bit isn't going to happen as there are 100's,if not 1000's of textures involved. Thus I am very interested in hearing of others experiences that have installed "Acceleration"on XP systems or run under Vista without "DX10 preview" enabled. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest dsnowden

Yes it is only when DX10 Preview is enabled, with that turned off with accel and on Vista everything seems to work fine.I have have Ultimate Traffic as well for FSX.