Sign in to follow this  
Shanga

Can't tune certain frequencies e.g. 118.37

Hi folks! I'm running P2ATC in FS2020 and the PMDG 737, all with the latest AIRAC. I fly entirely in Europe, and lately have been running occasionally into center frequencies that are untunable in the 737. Yesterday for example I was handed off to Prague center on 118.37, but the com radio on the 737 skips from 118.365 to 118.375 so could not check in on the new frequency and wound up running without ATC from that point forward..

According to PMDG this behavior is by design, so I'm not sure what to do in these cases. Any idea what the deal is here?

The 5 in the thousandths place is assumed with 25 kHz spaced frequencies.  Many older radio heads don't display it at all.

So, 118.37 is a shorthand way of saying 118.375.

Dave

Ah whoops! I did not know that. I'll try on my next flight.

I absolutely LOVE this product- been using it for years. Words can't express how much it has added to my flight sim experience. 🙂

Dave, It does appear that there might be a compatibility problem here with Beta 7l.  I noticed it tonight for multiple center frequencies with a digit in the thousandths place.  It was as though ATC wasn't recognizing that I was on that frequency.  Kept telling me to change to that frequency if I manually checked in even though both the sim (MSFS using the latest PMDG 738) and P2ATC were showing the correct frequency.  I didnt get a FL change on my climb out due to it as well.  

Worked my way around it, but there *might be something here.  

Could you please email the log file for a flight where this was happening so I can see what's going on?

P2A Log files are located in: 

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  

Dave