Sign in to follow this  
vidha

Is the radius-fix option still working?

Hi

I noticed lately that several heavy aircraft as 777-300 disappear after being parked at a gate for about 30 seconds. I checked the enclosed airport-file, and the radius is too small for the aircraft-type.

In earlier versions, this was fixed by PSXT expand the radius automatically, so the live parked aircraft do not disappear. Is this no longer active in the code as airport files are shipped pre-filled?

If it is not, I hope PSXT can be coded so live aircraft remain parked at the gate when they park there (as before with the fixing of radius), even if there is no longer the need to log this in the airport file on the user-PC. Could perhaps PSXT override this for live aircraft parking? (MSFS contains a lot of correct GPS-coordinates for the gates, but they oftentimes have the wrong radius).

Oh, BTW I only use the MSFS version now

Edited by vhaaland

2 hours ago, vhaaland said:

Is this no longer active in the code as airport files are shipped pre-filled?

If it is not, I hope PSXT can be coded so live aircraft remain parked at the gate when they park there (as before with the fixing of radius), even if there is no longer the need to log this in the airport file on the user-PC. Could perhaps PSXT override this for live aircraft parking? (MSFS contains a lot of correct GPS-coordinates for the gates, but they oftentimes have the wrong radius).

Oh, BTW I only use the MSFS version now

Radius changes are set in the pre-filled airport files and when you are in Learn mode. In Learn mode the change works during your session only, it is not (yet) stored in the Learned options file. I'll put that on my to-do list.

Congrats with MSFS, the scenery is a lot nicer. However, in P3D aircraft land and take-off better, and in P3D there are no lights problems....

Edited by kiek

Thanks for considering a change in how this works. I normally did not activate Learn mode, since ATM I'm not interested in static aircraft at all, but use only live aircraft all the time, also parked ones. Yes, the airport might be empty when I start the sim, but populates more than quick enough for me. 

I've been using both P3D and MSFS up until now, but I simply do not have the time anymore to maintain both sims. I have noticed some things in MSFS as you mention, the lights. 

A few other things in MSFS I've noticed, guess they must be fixed by the developer:

• Using the ObjectID "view object", some aircraft which is not arriving as they should is actually freezed in air (perhaps PSXT can detect this and delete them, and let them respawn?)
  • Sound of engine is sometimes stuck in 100%

26 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Thanks for considering a change in how this works. I normally did not activate Learn mode, since ATM I'm not interested in static aircraft at all,

In 3.6.3  radius changes take place "in memory" always, so even if Learn not set.  In your case the live aircraft will no longer disappear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiek said:

In 3.6.3  radius changes take place "in memory" always, so even if Learn not set.  In your case the live aircraft will no longer disappear.

Thank you Nico. that's great!