Sign in to follow this  
Pete F

Changing default Nave database

I subscribe to the Navigraph Nav data for P3D V5 and A330 Pro. Each time I start P3D it defaults to the original database build, and I need to change databases. That's not a big deal if I'm doing a full pre-flight, as this is part of the pre-flight check. Often I'll want to just quickly re-boot and IP to a location (I use this app for work), and it's annoying/inconvenient to have to swap databases as, just like the real aircraft, it will drop the loaded flight plan.

Is there a way to either make the latest database the default, or at least manually select that file to be the default database and then when the new database I can just make that change for each nav cycle?

Navigraph, P3D V5 and A330 Pro.

Would that be the Aerosoft A330 Pro?

"Each time I start P3D it defaults to the original database build, and I need to change databases."

How are you doing that?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Aerosoft A330 Pro

Change Nav database to the current database through FM DATA > A/C STATUS > Active and Secondary databases. 

I tested PMDG737

Navigraph Cycle 2310 (OCT05NOV02)

P3D5.4.9.28482

All ok.

Best Regards,

Ok a new database has come out since I've been away (2310) and I loaded it with the Navigraph FMS Data Manager. It loads Aerosoft Airbus A318/../A330 and FSiPanel (another excellent app I use).

The new database loads as expected, and both current and previous Nav Cycles are seen. However when I reboot P3D A330 Pro, the Active Database defaults back to the original build database of 1913, with 2010 as the second database

That's not normal behavior.  Suggest posting at Aerosoft, I'm sure the devs would like to hear about this and cab help.

Hans Soule

10 hours ago, flibinite said:

That's not normal behavior.  Suggest posting at Aerosoft, I'm sure the devs would like to hear about this and cab help.

Is that an external forum?

Yes I do wonder if it's always done this. The original database is old enough that it presents a problem in that many arrivals and departures have changed. Loading a saved scenario and then activating the new database of course means that saved flight plan is dropped. Quite annoying

I joined the Aerosoft forum, the joining process is in itself an exercise in frustration, and put this issue up on the supposedly support monitored forum. I didn't receive any support or reply from Aerosoft (or anyone lese for that matter).

I thought this may be a relatively easy fix, as there seems to be some specific file locations for the various databases and it may be possible to use a hack for the appropriate database. However that's not something I know anything about.

This app consistently crashes, which I know to mitigate by saving versions of the scenario so I can pick up where left off. However a database change means the entire flight needs to be reloaded into the FM, and that's extremely frustrating. 

Yes, it seems like that side of things is working now, but I've been away and will get a better chance to test it properly over the next few days. I'm pleased that's been resolved as it was a real pain, especially with the crashing

10 minutes ago, Pete F said:

Yes, it seems like that side of things is working now, but I've been away and will get a better chance to test it properly over the next few days. I'm pleased that's been resolved as it was a real pain, especially with the crashing

Could you tell here what you did that fixed your problem?

Best Regards,

There are other apps and documentation that loads within the Aerosoft folder (which I wasn't aware of). One of those is the A330 Configurator app. In the General Settings there's a selection for Navigation Data Source. Navigraph is an option. 

The solution wasn't immediately obvious, as the Navigraph data loads exactly as expected manually, it just doesn't auto-populate the data when booting. I only subscribed to Navigraph in the past few months and didn't notice anything. Just like the real aircraft, changing databases will drop all existing flight plan data so it's always checked and cycled if required at first commencing FM loading