Sign in to follow this  
Guest YEGspotter

Acceleration - autopilot problem...

Guest LMF5000
max_pitch_acceleration=0.3 // was 1.0max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=1.0 // was 2.0max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=0.02 // was 1.5max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.0max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.0The following may help for an ILS approach:gs_proportional_control=25.0gs_integrator_control=0.53gs_derivative_control=0.00gs_integrator_boundary=0.70gs_derivative_boundary=0.00but I have yet to investigate the possibilites.Thanks again.Chris.
Chris, your values worked perfectly! Now I can fly at 16x with autopilot on and no oscillations. ILS approaches work fine too :). Thank goodness for people like you that actually find solutions rather than arguing about the problem!It seems that the expansion pack is the cause of the problem though - the Learjet was running fine before I installed Acceleration. It also broke the robinson R22 (the engine stalls when I engage the clutch during the start up checklist for example).

This is slightly related.I autopilot at 16x sometimes, when you back the time compression down 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x, 1x. The scenery load at 4x kind of annoys me. Ok I realize fsx is a totally awesome product, but I think some how that could be fixed. Just an idea

HelloWhy do folk use time acceleration, is it just a lack of patience or low boredom thresholdIf all you are interested in is taking off and landing just do shorter flights.For myself I either want to fly the sim or watch TV not both.

HelloWhy do folk use time acceleration, is it just a lack of patience or low boredom thresholdIf all you are interested in is taking off and landing just do shorter flights.For myself I either want to fly the sim or watch TV not both.
I so agree to this. Either fly shorter routes or don't do anything. Flying at higher speeds defets the purpose of the flight simulator!Btw. just to add: I use 2x or 4x when doing tests of sim crashing at destination, or g3d.dll errors.