Sign in to follow this  
CameraMan

Latest version of LNM starts then the screen disappears

Hi, I've been using LNM for a year or so now. I'm using the latest version (just downloaded to see if it helps). Windows 11 and I have Navigraph also installed.

However I am changing to a multi-monitor system now that MSFS supports triple mionitors. This in turn means that I need to free up my GPU RTX 3070 for the extra screens so I bought a Startech solid state GPU with 3 x HDMI ports, 2 for the Air Manager G1000 screens and 1 for Little Navmap. Everything works with the AM touch screens but when I try to start LNM I get the initial opening screen of the plane dashboard, then a wide white banner with red text comes up but is so fast I can't read it, and finally the screen where I want LNM flashes white and then disappears. The app is still open on the taskbar icon so I have to use 'Close window 'to shut  it down.

I've read;

'Quit Little Navmap and rename the main settings folder ABarthel which contains all simulator databases and is stored in the following places:

• Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel'

but I'm not sure which folder/s to rename (little_navmap_db)  ?

Thank you for any help you can suggest.

Trevor.

Under MS Windows your LNM data are kept at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel   where <username> - is username you are logged in.
This folder is hidden, so you have to open Explorer app, enable to show hidden folders, enter folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming
and change folder name ABarthel to another.  I suggest make a backup of this folder before all operations.
Then try to launch LNM program, it should create new ABarthel folder. Remember, all old LNM settings are kept in old renamed folder,
so probably will be necessary to copy some files between. I have no Windows to check what exactly files (Linux user here), but I guess mainly configuration files.

I hope this helps you 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

ps. if you want  to make Multiple Installations on one computer, you have to make separate launcher to old LNM instantion.
More about multiple installations you can find in LNM manual: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/INSTALLATION.html#windows -> look at point "3.8 Multiple Installations"

Edited by ppgas
  • Upvote 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Hello Piotr,

Indeed it did help! I did exactly as you suggested and I'm up and running again. I've done several reboots and it stays the same.

So thank you.

Trevor.

Just installed a new monitor and had the same problem and the suggestion to change the name of the ABarthel folder worked (I kept the original).  So then loaded in the cfg files from the old folder to the new folder and it went back to disappearing.  I really don't want to re-configure everything so wondering what files from the old ABarthel folder I can move into the new ABarthel folder and have it still work?

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

Hi Garry,

LNM moves the main window back to a screen if it is outside screen space. Maybe the old monitor configuration was still around so it was detected as active.

The screen position is stored in "little_navmap.ini". There is a section "[MainWindow]" containing a key "WidgetDockHandler=...VERYLONGLINE...".
Delete this line and LNM starts at the default position again.

So you can copy all files back to the "ABarthel" folder and remove this one line to fix it.

Alex