Sign in to follow this  
Mace

help needed with taxiway route

Guest delsimflyer

The atc is asking me to taxi through a parking even when I have a separate taxiway running nearby for the purpose.I have attached an image of the problem area. The green lines show the path I expected to be used by the atc and the red lines show the path it is prefering over the green one. Also, atc is not bothered if the parking is already occupied or the taxiing aircraft is too big to pass through.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179667.jpgwhat changes do I need to do to the airport to fix this?regards

>The atc is asking me to taxi through a parking even when I>have a separate taxiway running nearby for the purpose.>>I have attached an image of the problem area. The green lines>show the path I expected to be used by the atc and the red>lines show the path it is prefering over the green one. Also,>atc is not bothered if the parking is already occupied or the>taxiing aircraft is too big to pass through.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179667.jpg>>what changes do I need to do to the airport to fix this?>>regardsYour pic is too small for my eyes to pick up what is going on.But I can tell you some general principles:1) ATC cannot detect how close your aircraft is to parked aircraft. That means it's up to the airport designer to make sure there is enough space for a taxiing aircraft.2) ATC tends to assign you what it considers to be the most direct routing between where your aircraft is and where the parking spot is. If this happens to not be the routing you expected, too bad. :)Depends on your .bgl, but there are some tricks you might be able to do to the taxiway network to alter this behavior. If you break a link somewhere along the red line in your pic, that would most likely do it. You would just have to make sure that breaking this line would not have adverse effects on access to those parking spots. You will have to experiment with different configs.The ends justify the means when it comes to getting aircraft to taxi and park where you want.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest delsimflyer

atc cannot detect how close adjacent aircraft is parked is acceptable, as solution I can spread out the parkings.but it seems that atc is not even able to detect if the parking is empty or occupied; it is guiding planes to taxi through parkings that are not empty and I am seeing planes taxiing right through another plane parked on that parking spot.Have you by any chance faced the same?

Sure I have had that happen in airports I made, when I wasn't careful about where I drew my taxi lines and parking spots.And in each case I had to move the parking spots and taxiways around slightly to make sure they didn't hit or go through a parked aircraft.You are correct about ATC not knowing if there is a plane parked in a spot or not, insofar as taxiing is concerned. AI aircraft will even happily taxi right through airport BUILDINGS if the taxi path goes through them.If you test with a huge aircraft like an A380 you will see a lot of wingtips hitting parked airraft and so forth.In your example, if you break that red line somewhere I bet that will force aircraft to use the green line taxiway.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB