Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Rex AccuSeasons - Advanced Edition - cannot get it to work.

Hi guys, I need some help with getting Rex AccuSeeasons - Advanced Edition to work in MSFS 2020 on my windows 11 PC.

I have downloaded the programme that I purchased, and installed it on a separate drive in its own folder as advised, and also excluded that folder from Trend Micro Maximum Security, which protects my PC. Rex AccuSeasons - Advanced Edition is set to 'run as administrator'.

When the programme first opened up, I registered it and it opens up exactly as shown in the installation guide. I have then selected options, such as terrain and/or weather and 'applied' them to MSFS 2020. Files are shown downloading and I wait until that is completed, and then click the OK button. Nothing happens. My scenery and/or weather is the same as it was - no change after applying changes with Rex AccuSeasons - Advanced Edition.

I have rebooted, re-installed and tried several time to get it to work with no joy.

What am I not doing? - or do you have any suggestions to steer me in the right direction.

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

Sounds like you didn’t chose the right version of your MSFS installation, MS Store, Steam or Custom location of community folder.

Check that there are som Rex folders in your Community folder.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Sounds like you didn’t chose the right version of your MSFS installation, MS Store, Steam or Custom location of community folder.

Check that there are som Rex folders in your Community folder.

Thanks SierraDelta - I had selected the windows store version of MSFS - which I have placed on my H drive. Interestingly, other third party addons recognise its location - but appears Rex Accu Seasons does not. So you made me think, and having uninstalled Accu Seasons, I reinstalled it (did not use the settings tab - just to be sure) - and this time around I selected Custom Community Folder Location - and pointed it to my MSFS community folder located on my H drive.

The install ran as usual, I selected my options and when finished I checked my community folder - and sure enough I have 4 new Rex files in the community folder. Thought I had cracked it !

Open MSFS 2020 - with an aircraft spawned on the runway - the Rex weather options are not showing when the weather icon is selected from the top menu bar - and if I select different  terrain, vegetation or weather - the presets all download - I click the OK button - and still nothing changes.

Any further suggestions?

George Westwell

Think I am sorted.

I had seen a video where the user had been changing the weather 'on the fly' - so changing from say live weather to an installed Rex preset. I had assumed that you could do the same with terrain and vegetation - but understandably (now) - you have to apply the presets before you open MSFS.

Anyway - got there in the end.

• Like 1

George Westwell