Sign in to follow this  
wyodeacon

Can I download MSFS into a different Drive. (4tb SSD)?

37 minutes ago, wyodeacon said:

However, my H:\ , In a WPSYSTEM folder shows a folder with a bunch of numbers and letters/AppData/, then a path very much like in C which ends with the two folders.  So maybe that's where they will go, huh?

Correct.

Bert

here are images of:  First C Drive cfg bottom

53299180214_0c28c2d52d_z.jpg

Edited by wyodeacon

NOTICE: BOTH SHOW GOING TO C:\

Second:  Bottom of H Drive, bottom of cfg

Obviously, I haven't figured how to put both in one reply.

Edited by wyodeacon

1 hour ago, wyodeacon said:

NOTICE: BOTH SHOW GOING TO C:\

Second:  Bottom of H Drive, bottom of cfg

Obviously, I haven't figured how to put both in one reply.

If you go to that location, you will find that it is a link to your H drive location.

iDU0Mfq.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

15 hours ago, wyodeacon said:

What can I download that will show in the community folder to prove this?

Any file or folder would do for this test.. but why not try something useful.

Download this addon:  https://flightsim.to/file/62459/bowerman-airport-vintage-edition-khqm

Unzip and drop the contents (the bvcorp.... folder) into your community folder on the C drive.

Then go look at the H drive, and you will find it in the Community folder there.

Then start up MSFS and place yourself at Bowerman KHQM airport and enjoy this lovely place.

• Like 1

Bert

OK!  It seems to be working fine.  Running well.  Bert, again, thank you.  I think maybe I have it now. 🙂

16 hours ago, wyodeacon said:

However, unless it will run fine as it is, I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a 2tb WD Black and change out my C:\..  I'm just waiting for confirmation from Western Digital that it is compatible with my computer.

Do you have the option of adding the new SSD into your PC, rather than replacing the C drive?  That would be less disruptive and add some more storage.  I have four SSDs in my system, all connected via SATA cables and am quite happy with this configuration.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Do you have the option of adding the new SSD into your PC, rather than replacing the C drive?  That would be less disruptive and add some more storage.  I have four SSDs in my system, all connected via SATA cables and am quite happy with this configuration.

I'll have to check.  That would be good.  I have a Dell XPS Desktop, so I'll contact Dell and see.

Well, my machine will does not have an internal slot for another SSD.   And, tech from Dell told me I can only have C:\ of max 1tb.

Not sure I believe him.  After thinking about it, it the SSD fits, why would the Storage amount make any difference? 

59 minutes ago, wyodeacon said:

Not sure I believe him.  After thinking about it, it the SSD fits, why would the Storage amount make any difference? 

Could be a motherboard BIOS support issue..

Bert