Sign in to follow this  
jhaley101

Real Traffic Licensing - Learn Destination

Hi, I'm somewhat new to RT.  I have purchased a couple of licenses in the past.   I'm considering the pro license, but as its costly, I want to make sure about what I'm reading.

I read section 9.3 of the manual regarding "Learn Destination".    A snapshot file is immediately used by PSXT to to set up the destination airport with live parked aircraft from the last four hours.    

With the regular license, PSXT will park static aircraft and live aircraft at the airport.    So with the pro license you get 4 hours of data involving live parked aircraft, with the regular license - it's just a snapshot of existing Real traffic around the time you are landing? 

I know there are other features with the pro license, but as far as learning is concerned, is that the biggest difference between the two?   

Thanks for this great program!

JH

Edited by jhaley101

Hi ,

With LearnDestination (now called Recorder) PSXT records,  from the moment you have set your Destination, the live parked aircraft over there (no longer max 4 hours).

Hence when you land you will see (many) more live aircraft parked  (at the right gates) then with the normal license.

Yesterday for instance I flew from KSLC to KDEN and had  44 live parked at arrival.

Another advantage of the pro license is the time shift feature.

• Upvote 1