Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Where is Captain Bala?

About a decade ago, Captain Bala was very active on the AVSIM and FlightSim forums. He was an Air India 747 pilot and I think he took his laptop along on his long flights. He provided great advice to simmers both on real flying issues, and on, I think it would be FS95 and/or FS98, simming issues. He also appeared quite knowledgeable on computer mattersI asked him once why he was so keen on simulation when he already flew a real one

Guest JoeW

I also remember Capt. Bala. It seems that once he landed (Flared) a Cessna 172 rental and was about 30 feet above the runway( he flew 747's for a living). His Daughter was in the plane when that happened and she was the one that posted that. He was very active over on Flightsim.com. If my memory is correct, he flew for Air India.I remember him as a very fine and astute gentleman.I believe that there was a groupe of about 20 people that sent photo's and someone took them and made a Composite of all of them.Joe W.

Guest B24stojets

Hello everyone. I just found this thread while browsing and if you havent got in touch with him yet then I thought I could shed some light on the topic. Capt Bala is my father and has retired from B747 flying with Air India but is still embedded with aviation being an Airbus instructor in the far east. I believe he just moved and so doesnt have constant internet access but will be online soon.Nice to see that he has made a small impression in the world of aviation. He's always been my Idol in aviation.Happy flyingNavin

Are you the Doctor who was going to school in NYC and was mugged MANY years ago? I remember your father well from back in the FS2000 days.Don

Hello everyone. I just found this thread while browsing and if you havent got in touch with him yet then I thought I could shed some light on the topic. Capt Bala is my father and has retired from B747 flying with Air India but is still embedded with aviation being an Airbus instructor in the far east. I believe he just moved and so doesnt have constant internet access but will be online soon.Nice to see that he has made a small impression in the world of aviation. He's always been my Idol in aviation.Happy flyingNavin
Hey, I'd forgotten about my post over two years ago0, pleased to hear he is still around and active in aviation; thx for the responseNigelVancouverps haven't been on the forum for over a month, been away on vacation - so nice coincidence having your post and my first visit back!