Sign in to follow this  
Dankovic

FSHud window prevents monitors Adaptive Sync

Did anyone noticed that when FSHud window is opened or minimized in simulator, Adaptive Sync / GSync is not active? All integrated windows like GSX etc are working fine.  

My monitor (Coolermaster tempest gp27q) is working at 144Hz, and I lock my frames at 90. Monitors OSD reports 90Hz in simulator. As soon as I open FSHud window it locks at 140Hz ant start tearing and stuttering.

I was going crazy for days why my GSync is not working. Until today when I started flight without FSHud and discovered this.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

1 hour ago, Dankovic said:

Did anyone noticed that when FSHud window is opened or minimized in simulator, Adaptive Sync / GSync is not active? All integrated windows like GSX etc are working fine.  

My monitor (Coolermaster tempest gp27q) is working at 144Hz, and I lock my frames at 90. Monitors OSD reports 90Hz in simulator. As soon as I open FSHud window it locks at 140Hz ant start tearing and stuttering.

I was going crazy for days why my GSync is not working. Until today when I started flight without FSHud and discovered this.

That will happen anytime the msfs window isn’t in focus. That’s why I run a second pc networked for all secondary windows. For g-Sync the msfs windows always had to be in focus otherwise it disengages. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

Yes, that makes sense. But msfs window (I run in full screen mode) is in focus in this case. FSHud window si open over the focused msfs window.  

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

Yes, that makes sense. But msfs window (I run in full screen mode) is in focus in this case. FSHud window si open over the focused msfs window.  

That’s means msfs isn’t in focus. If the FShud window is open on top of the msfs window, then the fshud windows is the primary open in focus window. Also msfs isn’t true full screen, its borderless windowed full screen mode. And uses flip mode. 

You can have any external window open over the top of msfs, even on a separate monitor, because as soon as you interact with it, msfs loses main focus. The only way I got around this was by using a second mini pc and networking it for all other windows I use. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

But when not interacting with window it shouldt be in focus. If I interact with cockpit it means that msfs is in focus, and fshud window is just shown on top not meaning it is in focus.

Anyway addon products should not brake basic platform functionalities. Who knows how many people bought expensive monitors with adaptive sync and not even knowing that with this addon it is not working.  

• Like 1

But when not interacting with window it shouldt be in focus. If I interact with cockpit it means that msfs is in focus, and fshud window is just shown on top not meaning it is in focus.

Anyway addon products should not brake basic platform functionalities. Who knows how many people bought expensive monitors with adaptive sync and not even knowing that with this addon it is not working.  

Have you checked to make sure it’s back in focus by using The nvidia g-sync overlay? 
‘Expensive’  monitors with g-sync do not work with any app that isn’t in focus 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Have you checked to make sure it’s back in focus by using The nvidia g-sync overlay? 
‘Expensive’  monitors with g-sync do not work with any app that isn’t in focus 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well thats the point... FSHud is stealing focus all the time... So we should just accept the fact that with FSHud we sacrifice GSync with single monitor setup? I know that there is clear technical reason for this. But it should not be excuse. FSHud should implement native msfs window if it is to be concidered functional addon.