Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

More enjoyment from FSX

I realize that a lot of people have had frustrating experiences with FSX. I've had frustrations too -- though thankfully nothing worse than low framerates and blurries.After a year, though, I'm still finding new things. Today I did a brief helicopter flight in Oregon from The Dalles to Cascade Locks. Weather was bad near destination, but once I got safely on the ground I noticed two things. One, there was a hangar with an airplane in it being repaired. Don't believe I have any add-ons for this area, so presumably it's stock. I'm consistently struck by how much more developed the minor airports are in FSX, compared with the same airports in FS9. I don't hear this mentioned very often, but clearly this is something that MS invested hundreds, maybe thousands of hours -- and it's a real improvement.Second, I heard jet engine noise. Couldn't see why at this airport, and I didn't see any other traffic on the ground. Then in spot view I looked up: it was a Boeing high overhead. An MD-80 soon crossed its path, though at a different altitude. I don't remember hearing them on the ground like that!Something else that doesn't get mentioned very often: mountains in the distance show up more distinctly.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I absolutely agree with you. Way more detail to the small things also I get no popping of mesh like I did in FS9 even though my system could easily handle FS9.