Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

UI Fonts Change when changing style

I just discovered the "Style" menu under the "Windows" tab.  Like to use it for night.  I have my UI font set to "Bold" and "12" but when I switch in the "Style" menu between Windows and Night the UI fonts revert to Regular and 8.  And...yes I do hit "Apply" and "Save" when setting the UI font.

Thanks.

Garry

Garry Lundberg

Hi Alex,

It's not "Dark" mode...which works properly.  The problem is under the tab "Window", "Style" and then use "Night" style.  I've tried it with the default font and a couple of others...same result.  I'm on a Windows 11 machine.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

Dark is synonym to Night to me. Sry for the confusion.

Did you restart LNM? The font style is not immediately applied to all windows.

Alex

Edited by albar965

I did restart LNM.

Couple of screen shots to look at attached.

In the one titled "Default Font" you can see that the UI has reverted back to the default font after I had set Arial, Bold, 12.  This was after I set the Arial font in the "Windows" under "Style" and then went to "Night" (where it stayed Arial) but then went back to "Windows" where it changed to the Default font.  Interestingly, if you look at the screen shot titled "Select Font Window" it shows the font being Arial, Bold, 12...even though the UI is showing the default font.  Also note that even though the menu bar is the default font... the drop down menu "Exit fullscreen mode" stayed in the Arial, Bold, 12.

BTW (just to rub it in)...go to northern Alaska in December at 12 noon and tell me "dark" is the same as "night" or in July at Midnight and see if "night" is the same as "dark".

Garry

Default Font.jpg

Select Font Window.jpg

Garry Lundberg

Some dialogs and the menu not following the font style is a known issue. I fixed the menus for the next release already and will have a look at some of the dialog windows keeping a small font despite it is set for the whole application. No idea what the Qt user interface library is doing there and if I can workaround this. Some of this is out of my control.

I see the style "windowsvista" not changing the menu font but these styles have their own peculiarities. Nothing I can do about it. Best styles are fusion or Night™.

At least using Fusion and Night I see no big issues.

Alex